Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need ideas please

Options
  • 04-08-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am looking for Christmas plans. arrive Dublin 12/16, depart 12/27. sick of lonely christmas. is ireland a good choice or should i just stay home. I need to see people. just too damn lonely here after my wife died. 57 years old. IDEAS? I just dont know????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Sympathies on your bereavement.

Have been there; can be tough

Many of the hotels in West, i.e. Galway, Westport etc have Christmas Programmes.

There are also a wide variety of events about that time - Christmas swims, sports events.

Perhaps if you post up your interests here. Local posters might then post details of events which might interest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

adkman wrote: »
    I am looking for Christmas plans. arrive Dublin 12/16, depart 12/27. sick of lonely christmas. is ireland a good choice or should i just stay home. I need to see people. just too damn lonely here after my wife died. 57 years old. IDEAS? I just dont know????????????

I offer you condolences on the loss of your Wife. Loneliness is a heart-breaker all on its own. I can't answer your question re spending Christmas in Ireland but I do suggest you join one or more Mens Sheds. This could keep you occupied and in good company right throughout the day and evening. Wishing you the best.

http://menssheds.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP has same thread in several forums.
    Closing this as it's not allowed with same thread in several forum, and it seems it was posted in this forum by mistake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement