Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mower wheel cleaning

Options
  • 04-08-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I always leave a trail of clipping on the tarmac when I finish cutting the grass with the ride on and I was thinking of rigging something like an upside brush or something I can drive over to clean before I leave the lawn! Has anyone done anything similar or have any tricks/tips!?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

What about cutting an old sweeping brush (or 2) up and attaching it to the machine so they are always scrubbing the wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Yup - was thinking that. Not sure how that might affect things. Maybe if I can just engage it for a few seconds when done or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

...its a right pain in the ass... I could never understand why most ride on tyre thread is designed the way it is...I used to have my other half drive forward while i held a scrub to back wheels...effective but amusing to onlookers!...you can get tyres to sort this issue now and worth every penny IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It's a bit odd, are you mulching the lawn ??
    If your bagging the clippings you shouldn't be getting any on the mower wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

_Brian wrote: »
    It's a bit odd, are you mulching the lawn ??
    If your bagging the clippings you shouldn't be getting any on the mower wheels.

yes - mulching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

yfaykya wrote: »
    yes - mulching.

Ahhh, ya also hear people giving out about mulched clippings being brought everywhere on kids runners.

I wonder can anything like this be done. The wheels of my mulching mower have a thin strip of metal going across them just above the tyre. This stops the build up grass on the wheels when mulching

j0wrya.jpg

Advertisement