Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinsuit for general use

Options
  • 04-08-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a suit from Galibier which I use for the occasional TT that I do. I'm looking for another one that is more suitable for general use. In other words better padding, short sleeves and some form of pocket(s) at the back. Also looking for value. Best I have come up is again from Gailibier

http://galibier.cc/product/rapide/

Anybody got any other suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... I'm looking for another one that is more suitable for general use....
    Apologies for being unhelpful but I have visions of you shopping in Tesco and heading to the pub!

On a serious note though, why would you wish to wear a skinsuit for non TT cycling? :confused: They are seriously impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The galibier is an excellent piece of kit. Comfortable and Stylish IMO.
    There is a good review here http://road.cc/content/review/199436-galibier-rapide-aerosuit

The waist of the "shorts" is quite high and more comfortable as i found that the waist on the castelli SanRemo is a bit low. The only disadvantage with this is when nature calls

Pretty much all of the other manufacturers have a product of this style but one manufacturer that you might have a look at is ekoi who have 3 colour options
    147035950824858?6315885838

They also do plain black or white versions if you prefer the logoless look
    14703572828249?6121903914
    They are currently on discount at €105 but normally at least once a week they do a sale where one of the skinsuits gets reduced further. They have been as low as €74 recently
    http://www.ekoi.fr/en/758-combinaisons-velo

Vermarc currently has a sale on their Squadra sprintsuit which looks more aggressively styled so may not be for general use. They are only €70 plus delivery so offer much better value for money than separate jersey and shorts
    http://www.vermarcsport.com/en/squadra-sprintsuit?return_uri=/en/cycling-clothing/eyJjYXRlZ29yeTp0YXJnZXQiOiIxMjI1In0=/P48

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

On a serious note though, why would you wish to wear a skinsuit for non TT cycling? :confused: They are seriously impractical.

I wear my one all the time when going out for a spin. It always leads to the jokes of me being super competitive but I have to say it is one of thee most comfortable bits of cycling clothing I have ever worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Apologies for being unhelpful but I have visions of you shopping in Tesco and heading to the pub!

At local club racing you see them around a bit and one guys swears by their comfort. The unfortunate things about buying a generic suit though is that you can't use it racing.

Never had any problems comfort wise with my other Galibier suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CramCycle wrote: »
    I wear my one all the time when going out for a spin....
    Where do you put your tubes/tools/pump/money/phone/rain cape/food etc.? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Where do you put your tubes/tools/pump/money/phone/rain cape/food etc.? :confused:

His domestiques carry them, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Some have pockets, then there is always a small compact saddle bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I have Castelli San Remo and it is, by a some margin, my favourite and most comfortable piece of cycling kit. I use it for warm summer day spins but would wear it more - but then it would wear out more rapidly! They are not cheap, but when you consider a high quality top and shorts combo and buy a suit in a sale/clearance they are excellent value. The San Remo has three ultra neat pockets on the back for plenty of storage on a day out on the bike.

I was looking for another and holding off on getting one of the Galiber two that they have on their site, but BobShop,de do their own plus other brands and that Vermarc one looks excellent value (if it has pockets?).

I would not hesitate a moment in recommending one for general use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have a San remo too and it's soo comfortable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

At local club racing you see them around a bit and one guys swears by their comfort. The unfortunate things about buying a generic suit though is that you can't use it racing.
    That could be me, hairy legs, beard, sounds perpetually grumpy?
    I have pockets but on long spins I use a saddle bag and short races, I throw most of them in someones car and hope for the best.
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    His domestiques carry them, of course!
    They certainly carry me which is more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

cunavalos wrote: »

They are currently on discount at €105 but normally at least once a week they do a sale where one of the skinsuits gets reduced further. They have been as low as €74 recently
    http://www.ekoi.fr/en/758-combinaisons-velo

As suggested the ekoi skinsuit with pockets is back on special offer today at €75

Only the white and black version

9b10181bf55d4b6491b711b9a9e58a9c.png
    http://www.ekoi.fr/en/combinaisons-velo/5035-combinaison-ekoi-comp8-estate-blanc-noir.html

Advertisement