Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kirk Acevedo joins the cast of Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Uh oh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Title and synopsis of the 4 show crossover has been revealed as, and spoiler tagged for those who like to be surprised.

Synopsis
    With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris's wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda.
    Crisis on Earth-X
    , it'll
    pit the heroes of the Arrowverse against evil doppelgangers of themselves from Earth-X, a universe where the Nazis won World War II

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Title and synopsis of the 4 show crossover has been revealed as, and spoiler tagged for those who like to be surprised.

Synopsis
    With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris's wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda.
    Crisis on Earth-X
    , it'll
    pit the heroes of the Arrowverse against evil doppelgangers of themselves from Earth-X, a universe where the Nazis won World War II

Connected to this news, There is actually going to be
    an animated series like the Vixen one starring The Ray and will be set in Earth X

https://youtu.be/ugDHT-A5CGw

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

I love Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl but they suffer from quite few problems that are easily solved but instead the producers add to the issues.

The three heroes have too much of a support staff and too many people know their secret identities. And it just keeps growing.

And the writers on the Flash really struggle with the season long arcs - the Zoom and Savitar were just dragged out for the sake of it. Joe's two kids are selfish nobs all the time* and there is no explanation for this great romance between Barry and Iris for which Barry would destroy timelines. Plus why is Joe cool with his daughter having a relationship with the guy he raised as a son?. Why is Wally on the show? What is the point of two speedsters? Why is Iris always in STAR Labs when she has nothing to contribute but Barry repeatedly claims she is valuable. And why is Caitlin Snow the only person who turns just by using a superpower? And enough speedster villains already.

* Henry gets released from prison and Iris' reaction to the news is how it affects Joe's place as Barry's "father"? Wally pouts the his girlfriend would want to live in her own dimension and gives no thought to moving there himself?

Legends of Tomorrow is mess. The time travel is dull, has no impact on the Arrowverse and doesn't even follow it's own rules. And they are supposed to be superheroes, not cheap Doctor Who knock offs. Which is shame because Victor Garber and Dominic Purcell are great. Legends should actually be a Justice Society series or an anthology series of four/five episodes arcs devoted to introducing other DC heroes and villains. White Canary, Heatwave and Firestorm are wasted in time travel nonsense. I stopped watching with the Camelot episode - I'd had enough of Ray Palmer and the historian guy constantly finding things in each episode that were they're dreams a a child:rolleyes: but is Damien Darkh on the team now or is he the villain for the next season?

Also Arrowverse producers, it is okay for some of the characters who die to stay dead. Even the fun ones like Drakh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I love Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl but they suffer from quite few problems that are easily solved but instead the producers add to the issues.

The three heroes have too much of a support staff and too many people know their secret identities. And it just keeps growing.

And the writers on the Flash really struggle with the season long arcs - the Zoom and Savitar were just dragged out for the sake of it. Joe's two kids are selfish nobs all the time* and there is no explanation for this great romance between Barry and Iris for which Barry would destroy timelines. Plus why is Joe cool with his daughter having a relationship with the guy he raised as a son?. Why is Wally on the show? What is the point of two speedsters? Why is Iris always in STAR Labs when she has nothing to contribute but Barry repeatedly claims she is valuable. And why is Caitlin Snow the only person who turns just by using a superpower? And enough speedster villains already.

* Henry gets released from prison and Iris' reaction to the news is how it affects Joe's place as Barry's "father"? Wally pouts the his girlfriend would want to live in her own dimension and gives no thought to moving there himself?

Legends of Tomorrow is mess. The time travel is dull, has no impact on the Arrowverse and doesn't even follow it's own rules. And they are supposed to be superheroes, not cheap Doctor Who knock offs. Which is shame because Victor Garber and Dominic Purcell are great. Legends should actually be a Justice Society series or an anthology series of four/five episodes arcs devoted to introducing other DC heroes and villains. White Canary, Heatwave and Firestorm are wasted in time travel nonsense. I stopped watching with the Camelot episode - I'd had enough of Ray Palmer and the historian guy constantly finding things in each episode that were they're dreams a a childrolleyes.png but is Damien Darkh on the team now or is he the villain for the next season?

Also Arrowverse producers, it is okay for some of the characters who die to stay dead. Even the fun ones like Drakh.

That is my biggest gripe with the shows, all of them. I only really watch Flash and Arrow. Supergirl I skip through most of it and I don't watch Legends at all, just keep up with the story on wikipedia. I don't mind the whole "support staff" team on Flash. I love Cisco/Wells/Caitlin/Joe (Wally and Iris p**s me off). But Arrow has become ridiculous. All those new team members last season annoyed the hell outta me. "Mr.Terrific" who was more 'Mr.Joke', nothing terrific about him. And WildDog was just annoying. Hopefully to god some of them have been killed off after the season finale.

My biggest gripe with Supergirl is how underpowered they've made J'onn. He's one of the strongest members of the Justice League but they've nerfed him to hell in the show whenever he fights. Yeah, that whole "everyone knows everyones secret identity" thing is plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

jaxxx wrote: »
    That is my biggest gripe with the shows, all of them. I only really watch Flash and Arrow. Supergirl I skip through most of it and I don't watch Legends at all, just keep up with the story on wikipedia. I don't mind the whole "support staff" team on Flash. I love Cisco/Wells/Caitlin/Joe (Wally and Iris p**s me off). But Arrow has become ridiculous. All those new team members last season annoyed the hell outta me. "Mr.Terrific" who was more 'Mr.Joke', nothing terrific about him. And WildDog was just annoying. Hopefully to god some of them have been killed off after the season finale.

My biggest gripe with Supergirl is how underpowered they've made J'onn. He's one of the strongest members of the Justice League but they've nerfed him to hell in the show whenever he fights. Yeah, that whole "everyone knows everyones secret identity" thing is plain stupid.

I like Joe and the STAR Labs crew too but Barry is a superhero and is supposed to be highly intelligent himself yet he can't really function without them. And he should be able too. They are in his ear and instructing him even when he is just doing regular crime fighting.

It would make more sense if they were allies he turned occasionally. This would give the show more space to develop villains and even Barry's dual life. And possible give Iris a reason for being on the show. Wally is a character who should have been introduced in the final season and he should be a teenager, not some pouting child who "becomes fast because wants to be fast".:rolleyes:

Team Arrow was just fine with Felicity at the computers and Diggle giving moral support and the occasional back up, but he didn't need to suit up. Oliver having a sidekick made sense and Roy/Arsenal wasn't rushed. I'd have preferred if Thea had remained a civilian if only for the sake of not having everyone as hero or villain. I like Wild Dog, Artemis, Ragman and the new Black Canary but like STAR Labs they don't need to be on a permanent team. Artemis could have been a sidekick turned traitor and Wild Dog could be a pain in the ass vigilante that Green Arrow tolerates and has a some time ally. Calling Mr. Terrific a joke is too kind - he is pointless as a superhero but would be okay as an occasional gadget man. Wild Dog, Artemis, etc. should just cross Oliver's path occasionally, or even have adventures within but separate to the main story. Even give them the occasional solo episode.

I don't understand Berlanti and crew's desperate need to put every character in suit and superpowers.

J'onn whole presence in Supergirl doesn't really make sense. He took Henshaw's place but for ten years relentlessly hunted dangerous and innocent aliens alike and behaved like a bigot. He made no effort to use the opportunity to make things better until his real identity was revealed. Then the personality changed.

The producers just made the show too cluttered. The DEO was unesscesary - make it about Kara's work and personal life, fighting crime and aliens with Alex an NSA agent who uses her position to make sure Kara is never discovered and the two occasionally back up each other. Save all the money spend on DEO extras and sets for better things.

The non-superhero side of superheroes is important too - both identities need to cause difficulties for each other. Movies don't really get the time for that but TV should.

Marvel did this perfectly with Daredevil. Arrow has done okay with this too a few times but need more - Ollie stuck in council meetings during a crime spree, Diggle at home with no major drama and Thea doing something.

Three shows back this week so far and just not feeling any of them I enjoyed Supergirl but it was depressing The Flash was just sh1te and Legends something felt off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Three shows back this week so far and just not feeling any of them I enjoyed Supergirl but it was depressing The Flash was just sh1te and Legends something felt off.

Didn't even bother wasting my time with Supergirl and Legends. As for Flash... ugh. Did you see the promo for next week's Flash? I swear they're purposely triggering my hatred for Iris. "You're not the Flash Barry, we are" (we being the team). OMFG WHY COULDN'T SHE DIE LAST SEASON FFS! She is the most useless member of 'the team', she literally has no purpose/use whatso-bloody-ever. ARGH AND SHE'S SAYING SH*T LIKE THIS, WOULD YOU F**K OFF!

*calm Jaxxx, calm... take a chill pill...*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

jaxxx wrote: »
    Didn't even bother wasting my time with Supergirl and Legends. As for Flash... ugh. Did you see the promo for next week's Flash? I swear they're purposely triggering my hatred for Iris. "You're not the Flash Barry, we are" (we being the team). OMFG WHY COULDN'T SHE DIE LAST SEASON FFS! She is the most useless member of 'the team', she literally has no purpose/use whatso-bloody-ever. ARGH AND SHE'S SAYING SH*T LIKE THIS, WOULD YOU F**K OFF!

*calm Jaxxx, calm... take a chill pill...*

WOW take the caffeine away.

I did not see Supergirl I think its a bit hit and miss some episodes are good others are fine.

Flash was a bit slow at the start but it has at least got less serious and going back to season 1 funny parts (Kid Flash speaking Japanese, Thia house is so B$%^%in) but with Iris and Kid Flash I see why they had to have Grant Guston back so quick. Iris does not trigger me the way she does you:o:o (Will not even ask you about the other lady in the other show).

Legends I admit did disappoint as the ending was so quick
    (but Sara and that Lady Time Lady will be getting together that and she works for the Big Bad I think)
    . I am not a fan of Maya though. You can see that Rip was hoping they would come back to help out especially with whoever the Big Bad is

So going by see reviews of Supergirl and watching the other 2 and waiting for Arrow I give it 6/7 out of 10 but expect it to get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My interest with both Supergirl and The Flash began waning a bit last season, and I thought both premieres were fairly 'meh', but hopefully both shows can pick up again as the season progresses.

I enjoyed the Legends premiere a lot - maybe not quite on a par with how epic the majority of last season was, but it had some solid moments and the gang is mostly back together, so I was happy overall.

Of course the one I'm most excited for is Arrow tomorrow night. It had the strongest finale last season and really got it's groove back in Season 5, so I'm hoping they keep up that with Season 6.

Arrow and Legends are the two I'm most invested in and will definitely continue watching every week, whereas the other two had become a bit of a chore to keep up with but will keep with them until at least the big crossover towards the end of November to see how they shape up this season.

Well that's it all four started and being honest all four were from really bad to just plan average.

Mick is the best thing in the four shows.

‘The Flash’ Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
    Andrew Kreisberg, co-creator/executive producer of the CW/Warner Bros TV DC series The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, has been suspended from his duties by the studio today over allegations of sexual harassment, with WBTV launching an internal investigation.

“We have recently been made aware of allegations of misconduct against Andrew Kreisberg,” Warner Bros. TV Group said in a statement Friday night. “We have suspended Mr. Kreisberg and are conducting an internal investigation. We take all allegations of misconduct extremely seriously, and are committed to creating a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our productions.

Kreisberg has been one of the top lieutenants of Greg Berlanti, the boss of the CW/DC universe. He has been a key auspice on all DC series, with primary focus on serving as showrunner of The Flash.

“We were recently made aware of some deeply troubling allegations regarding one of our showrunners,” Berlanti Prods.’ principals Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter said in a statement. “We have been encouraging and fully cooperating with the investigation into this by Warner Bros.

“There is nothing more important to us than the safety and well-being of our cast, crew, writers, producers and any staff,” they added. “We do not tolerate harassment and are committed to doing everything we can to make an environment that’s safe to work in and safe to speak up about if it isn’t.”

http://deadline.com/2017/11/andrew-kreisberg-suspended-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202206230/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Arrow and Flash both name dropped a certain airline this past week

Could be an easter egg or something more.

Arrow and Flash both name dropped a certain airline this past week

Could be an easter egg or something more.
    Ferris air
    ?

Trailer for the crossover

Can’t wait for it and it looks like this year it’s going to be like one big movie. Are people going to watch the first two parts on Tuesday and then the final two the next day or watch all 4 in one sitting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given I still neither watch Arrow or Legends..., I suspect once again I'm going to be a little confused as to who is who, and what their deal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given I still neither watch Arrow or Legends..., I suspect once again I'm going to be a little confused as to who is who, and what their deal is.

Legends is awesome. Season 1 was mostly a dud, but since then it's been consistently great and works so well.

Haven't seen any Arrow since Season 3 (bar last season's crossover episode) and never watched Supergirl (again, bar the first crossover episode with the Flash). But Legends is well worth watching.

• Advertisement

I'll say it again Mick is the only thing worth watching about this whole Universe.

Mick in Vietnam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Night one of the Crisis On Earth X crossover was an absolute blast... I love seeing all of these characters coming together...

Mick, as always, stole every scene he was in - so good to see him interact with the characters from the other shows.

Don't want to say too much until all 4 episodes have aired and people have had a chance to watch, but the wait until tomorrow night is gonna be tough - I may have to re-watch these 2 episode again directly before the new ones, like one big 3 hour movie.

Night one of the Crisis On Earth X crossover was an absolute blast... I love seeing all of these characters coming together...

Mick, as always, stole every scene he was in - so good to see him interact with the characters from the other shows.

Don't want to say too much until all 4 episodes have aired and people have had a chance to watch, but the wait until tomorrow night is gonna be tough - I may have to re-watch these 2 episode again directly before the new ones, like one big 3 hour movie.

Good to know that the first two episodes were good. I’m just going to watch all 4 in one go.

The Feminazi's fight the Nazis

Again I say it's all about Mick he is the best thing across all four shows.

Another Mick Rory appreciation post :D

Just a quick reminder, SUPERSPEED... I don't have it.
    Noted

Best line of the crossover :D

Also
    Eobard/Wells
    , damn it was awesome seeing
    Tom Cavanagh
    in
    The Reverse Flash suit
    again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Another Mick Rory appreciation post :D

I need mick to have his own show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just finished the last leg......who's cutting onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just finished the last leg......who's cutting onions.

That is why they did the
    Ollicity wedding
    to bring you down with a bang.
    That was 1 of the worse decisions ever made and may make viewers switch off arrow
    Unless Felicity is the mole in next weeks episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed the whole thing. I think what set it apart from last year's crossover was that last year felt like individual episodes of each show with a connected story, whereas this really did feel like one giant event.

Enjoyed Stein's ending, but have to say I don't think Jax is a strong enough actor. I didn't really enjoy his performance which kinda ruined it.

Advertisement