Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Yeah the guy who played Jax wasn't at his best here, only really got choked up because the actresses that play Marty's wife and daughter were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is it important to watch Supergirl for the crossover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is it important to watch Supergirl for the crossover ?

Yes. It's part one of "crisis on earth x". Think of it as a movie rather than 4 seperate shows for this week.

Purcell is killing it these days as Rory. He was one of the highlights of the crossover for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just caught the cross over, god that was some amazing work the production team did there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Just caught the cross over, god that was some amazing work the production team did there!
    Yeah, I thought it was a better story, and better told, about a team of super-heroes than the Justice League film. Problem now is, can the rest of the season for the individual shows live up to the standards set in the cross-over!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wonder how the bar is gonna be raised for next year's crossover :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wonder how the bar is gonna be raised for next year's crossover :pac:
    I don’t know if they will go as big next year, as mentioned in the quote below, it took 6 weeks to film which ate into each shows individual filming schedule. I could see them maybe tone it down next year or even film it before each show starts shooting their new seasons.

In a recent interview Amell mentioned
    When we conceived of the crossovers back in Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of Flash, it was like, ‘OK, I'm going to go, and I'm going to shoot on The Flash for four days. Fine.’ The crossovers this year took up six full weeks of shooting. I think that in order for us to continue down this path, we, as productions, and The CW, as the network, and Warner Bros., as the studio, are going to have to fundamentally reconceive how we execute these, because this sort of broke the schedule mold. I mean, it just simply didn't fit.

“Furthermore, I think that if we're going to shoot it like a big four-hour movie, we have to board it like a big four-hour movie,” Amell continued. “We have to prioritize the schedules of the people that are going to be working the most, if that's me, if that's Melissa [Benoist], if that's Caity Lotz, if that's Grant [Gustin]. It's going to change year over year, based off of story.

Interesting thoughts from Amell. Could a Defenders type event mini series work? At least it would give the cast a clearer idea of their schedule.

I think this crossover has gotten over well enough that an event series could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awesome return at the end of this week's Legends :eek::eek::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wouldnt mind them cutting the episode length down in all series as 22 the same as legends 18 just seems a better number and hopefully then it could owe more time to the crossovers

http://tvline.com/2017/12/08/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-return-date-supergirl-time-slot-mondays/

Black lightning is taking over Legends of Tomorrow’s slot
    Legends of Tomorrow will move to Supergirl’s slot on February 12 and will finish up on April 9th.

Supergirl returns on January 15th and then is back on April 16th with finale on June 18th.

List of dates

Monday, Jan. 15: Supergirl resumes Season 3
    Tuesday, Jan. 16: Black Lighting premieres, in Legends time slot
    Monday, Feb. 12: Legends resumes Season 3, in Supergirl‘s time slot
    Monday, April 9: Legends Season 3 finale
    Monday, April 16: Supergirl re-resumes Season 3
    Monday, June 18: Supergirl Season 3 finale

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Geoff Johns teased at a panel that Hitman would be the next DC character to come to TV.

Would he join the CW universe or be a spin off from Gotham.

I'm guessing the success of The Punisher has given DC the idea to bring him to screen.

Just seen the return trailer for The Flash
    and the way Candice bursts into the courtroom, why have I the sick feeling she's gonna out Barry as The Flash

After that pilot Black Lightning has jumped to the top of my watchlist for the Arrowverse.

Wally West will first appear in episode 11 of Legends of Tomorrow's current third season, and he will officially join the team two weeks later, during episode 13.

Constantine: City of Demons Cartoon is now on CW Seed.

Caity Lotz
    returning to Arrow for the show's season 6 finale.

• Advertisement

Even though it's obvious, i'll spoiler tag it anyways.
    ARROW has been renewed for a 7th Season
    Black Lightning also renewed for a 2nd Season
    Legends Of Tomorrow renewed for a 4th Season
    The Flash renewed for 5th Season

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even though it's obvious, i'll spoiler tag it anyways.
    ARROW has been renewed for a 7th Season
    Black Lightning also renewed for a 2nd Season
    Legends Of Tomorrow renewed for a 4th Season
    The Flash renewed for 5th Season
    I'm still enjoying Black Lightning a lot, and Legends of Tomorrow just continues to be brilliant. The Flash still needs to up its game more for next season. The Flashtime episode was the best thing they've done in years. They need to take more chances and quit padding so much.

Supergirl & Arrow have moved nights, Supergirl will now air on Sundays, Arrow on Monday.

Legends, The Flash & Black Lightning remain unchanged.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/17/the-cw-upfronts-2018-schedule-arrowverse-riverdale/

Next Crossover event will introduce
    Batwoman and Gotham to the arrowverse

Next Crossover event will introduce
    Batwoman and Gotham to the arrowverse

TvLine

Hovering over the link with the mouse gives away whats behind the spoiler tag, thus kinda ruining the surprise...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey, it's a headline item in a lot of the blogs I've been reading, so it's debatable how 'spoiler'y it can be classified - especially given the crossover is itself a big event. It's hard not to imagine they wouldn't shout from the rooftops.

Hovering over the link with the mouse gives away whats behind the spoiler tag, thus kinda ruining the surprise...

I’ll remove the link
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Hey, it's a headline item in a lot of the blogs I've been reading, so it's debatable how 'spoiler'y it can be classified - especially given the crossover is itself a big event. It's hard not to imagine they wouldn't shout from the rooftops.

I tagged it as there might be some people who don’t view spoilers and usually if it hasn’t aired yet, it should be spoiler tagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just saw this after posting in The Flash thread so will just say here what I said there about the crossover

I assume Supergirl on Sunday will be the first part.
    A load of strange heroes go to Gotham and there'll be no sign of Batman. I wouldn't believe that.
    Seeing Rachel Nichols and Bridget Regan suggested in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

A youtuber I have watched who reviews the CW DC programs
    has thought a few weeks ago the Diaz was not going to die this season and be in next season which what is said in that article adds credance to that theory as A) it is not conventional ie: the bad guy is not caught and B) the Shadow Hunters

• Advertisement

The only one of the shows I made the whole through the season was Legends and I think it's the only one I will go back to next season.

I did enjoy Black Lightning however I'm not sure I'll go back to that either next season.

They might as well just rename the Flash the Iris show.

Arrow is just way to muddled now.

Supergirl sneaking in it's politics & agendas put me off.

Advertisement