Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Newry fancy helping me with an Argos order?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 1:09am

Howdy folks,

I live in the republic (Drogheda) and want to buy a gym piece off Argos. The price difference is about €110 between UK and IE sites.

However, the item is home delivery only, meaning I need a nothern address to send it to. Argos won't send it to the ROI, nor will they let me send it to an Argos store for collection.

Unfortunately, despite spending a few years when I was a child living in Newry, I've a grand total of 0 friends/family living there.

So pretty much, I was wondering if any reputable fellow boardsie fancied helping me out and letting me deliver an Argos order to their house (which, upon delivery, I will then immediately pop up and collect myself).

As I'm on a tight budget (hence this thread in the first place), I can't really pay you, in exchange for this kindness i will give the person, an unopened, still sealed Dolce&Gabana gift set worth €80 that I bought before realising I don't need it (It's just called 'Dolce', and is a 50ml scent with 100ml lotion). Would do as a decent birthday or christmas gift (yes, I said the 'C' word!).

I figure i'll get nowhere, but there's never any harm trying.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

So no parcel wizard?

Item is about 100kg+. Don't think any of the services will look at it for any kind of reasonable fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Maybe you could also try in the Fitness or the Strength & Strength Sports forums - might be someone in the field living over the border that could help.

Sorry can't post links to forums - on phone

Computer at last.....

Fitness

or

Strength & Strength Sports

Make sure to ask the Mods first about multiple posting :)

I post on those forums regularly enough (well.. not always posting, but usually mooching about) and 90% of them seem to be Dublin based, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I post on those forums regularly enough (well.. not always posting, but usually mooching about) and 90% of them seem to be Dublin based, unfortunately.

Damn :( Me too.....well, lurking on those pages anyway. Thought they might have been of some help. Fingers crossed you'll get something sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I only saw this now . How long does delivery take ?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I only saw this now . How long does delivery take ?

It says 4-5 days on the site but I've no idea of the accuracy of that as I never used the service before.

Turns out that DeliverMe.ie allow you to get stuff sent to their address, and you can collect it.

Rather than posting it to you (which makes it too pricy). So for a total of €30 they'll take my two orders to their depot for collection. Can't argue with that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That sounds like a good service , my place is an apt so the weight may have been an issue :)

Advertisement