Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about changing bikes!!

Options
  • 05-08-2016 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I know there is a cycle adverts forum but as I haven't reached that point yet, I am asking for views here.

A few years ago I got a bike under the cycle to work scheme. It is a Giant hybrid with XL Frame.

Basically i have never gotten comfortable with it and it put me off to the point I rarely used it. I feel like I will fall and feel very high up and uncomfortable in getting foot down if needed - it is an XL frame but I am tall. It got to the point that it's been in the shed for a year!

I have decided to start again by getting something that appeals more to me (probably a mountain bike). I feel I will use such a bike a lot more.

My question is if there are shops that would take a trade in or what the chances are of offloading it if I put it up for sale.

any views welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Some shops will take it off you but you will get more selling privately.

Ask around you local shops to see what kind of trade in you will get and compare it to similar models on adverts/donedeal/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I could be mistaken but I think Cycle Superstore in Tallaght do trade ins

• Company Representative Posts: 16 Verified rep Cycle Superstore: Philip

I could be mistaken but I think Cycle Superstore in Tallaght do trade ins

We sure do, as godtabh said, you will always get more for it through selling privately but if you fancy coming in to us, we'd be happy to look over it and offer you a price. We have a large mountain bike section too so you could have a look around while your here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Even if you are tall you may have a short inseam for your height and if that's the case you should size down.

Advertisement