Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

Yessss, Cannot wait for this :D:D So ill have to buy fightclub :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Going Solo so far, happy to chip in with a few others each paying 1/6 of 75 dollars for fight club membership. Couple of others now take my word and flights have gone up a bit. See if they are gonna go or not now.

Yeah I'd be happy to pay 1/6th of a sub and I'd trust most people on here as long as they didn't just register within the last month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Any guesses at ticket pricing?

Baby is due in October :eek:

theteal wrote: »

Im getting married the day before and I'm still going :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Im getting married the day before and I'm still going :pac::pac:

Honeymoon in Manchester? ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Honeymoon in Manchester? ;)

Haha GF is 7 months pregnant, its a shotgun wedding :pac: Will be going to UFC solo the day after and thats the only honeymoon haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fly over from Cork Saturday morning and home Sunday night. Hate the time of the event but what can ya do!

Im on the 16.40 out of dublin and 8 am flight back on sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

6 of us yesterday booked the late flight over on friday evening and back at 8 am on the sunday. Delighted now, although i'm wondering what getting to the airport will be like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are fightclub and fightpass the same things? I pay a monthly subscription, does that entitle me to presale?

Swarlez wrote: »
    6 of us yesterday booked the late flight over on friday evening and back at 8 am on the sunday. Delighted now, although i'm wondering what getting to the airport will be like!

JUst the second main event is over run like fuark :pac: I dont see main event lasting 5 rounds anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Prices for London card back in feb were:

P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

Similarish I would guess, although this is a numbered event so possibly might be pricier?

maximoose wrote: »
    Prices for London card back in feb were:

P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

Similarish I would guess, although this is a numbered event so possibly might be pricier?

Not sure which seats i will go for.... I mean at what price is it that you will have a decent view?

Not sure which seats i will go for.... I mean at what price is it that you will have a decent view?

There's not a bad seat in the house for UFC events. I've sat in various price categories and have never had an issue - and a couple of events were in the 02 in London which is far bigger than the Manchester Arena.

callaway92 wrote: »
    There's not a bad seat in the house for UFC events. I've sat in various price categories and have never had an issue.

Excellent, ill go with the best i can afford when tickets go on sale id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

I think I'll stump up for a decent priced ticket particularly if I'm not booking a hotel or anything.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think I'll stump up for a decent priced ticket particularly if I'm not booking a hotel or anything.

I was thinking this also. I was going to head over to Conors fight in Vegas but then when herself got pregnant that was off the cards :( So I am thinking I might make up for that witha decent ticket for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'll probably hit the £100 tickets or whatever is closest. My bank account gives me 25% discount plus I won't be needing a hotel.

Out on the Saturday morning, back at 12 on the Sunday from Liverpool to Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Has anyone being to the arena for any of the recent UFC events? I was there the first time the UFC were there and i remember there being issues with the bar and in particular the toilet situation was terrible we missed whole fights because of the Q, anyone any recent experience of the place? Im wondering has it changed much since it got new owners?

Nice to see the Stg taking a few % points dive, shave a few quid off the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

confirmed oh this is brilliant thanks for the heads up lads!!

will try meet up over there but might have to bring the missus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Maybe you can Skype your missus for the delivery if you find a good spot for free Wi-Fi in Manchester.

D.Q wrote: »
    Are fightclub and fightpass the same things? I pay a monthly subscription, does that entitle me to presale?

Fight Club and Fight Pass are two different entities altogether.

Fight Pass - Monthly digital streaming service.
    Fight Club - Annual payment for access to pre-sale events. It's about €75 but for peace of mind, it's worth getting for almost guaranteed tickets.

Without it, I'd never have gotten tickets for UFC Dublin/UFC 189 and given the locals/people travelling to Manchester, it's likely they'll be snapped up fairly quickly.

I think I'll be trying to P2 tickets might be easier to get when the flood gates open.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I think I'll be trying to P2 tickets might be easier to get when the flood gates open.

How good would p1 be?

How good would p1 be?

You would be a couple of rows from front. Looking up I would imagine. P2 be low tiered I would say.

How good would p1 be?
    You would be a couple of rows from front. Looking up I would imagine. P2 be low tiered I would say.

I'd rather be tiered looking into the cage than looking up into it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

About time that its been announced! Saying that the flights were couple of pound cheaper there then when I last looked.
    Less than £45 return for flights and no hotel is my setup. Only sh.tter is the only flight out of Belfast is at like 8:30 on the Saturday morning so I'll have the whole day to kill before the fights.

I'd guess tickets will be on sale in about 3 weeks time, I'm only basing this on the event for Sept 17th tickets went on sale yesterday and its 3 weeks prior to Manchester. If you don't have a FC code you ain't getting in would be my thinking, so either stump up or try to get a code off someone on here. Its worth it IMO, especially if you really want to go! Hopefully ticketmaster.co.uk will not have the same problems as its other international sister sites when tickets go up for sale. I'm glad my cashback site does TM so I'll get some money back from the cost of the tickets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Lads to be honest I think that prices are going to be considerably more than UFC London, that was a fightpass exclusive event, this is a PPV with atleast one if not two title fights on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Myself and 2 others flying from Malta and got my brother ropped in to come from Dublin too. Really hoping everything for this comes together!

Yeah I would imagine something like this, still much less than 189 I payed 350 dollars for P3.

London
    P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

Manchester
    P1 £220
    P2 £180
    P3 £150
    P4 £120
    P5 £100
    P6 £80

Yeah I would imagine something like this, still much less than 189 I payed 350 dollars for P3.

London
    P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

Manchester
    P1 £220
    P2 £180
    P3 £150
    P4 £120
    P5 £100
    P6 £80

Is there anyway to pay for fightclub without paying the 12 dollars handling and shipping fee for the stupid merchandise :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Is there anyway to pay for fightclub without paying the 12 dollars handling and shipping fee for the stupid merchandise :p

Not as far as I'm aware but there's no better way of getting tickets than with fight club so it's just a case of sucking it up I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

steveydon wrote: »
    Lads to be honest I think that prices are going to be considerably more than UFC London, that was a fightpass exclusive event, this is a PPV with atleast one if not two title fights on it

I am hoping that they'll go easy on the ticket prices given that it's on at stupid o clock in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

No one else concerned that this still isn't official?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Deadst4r wrote: »

Meh, flights from Dublin were €20. Worth a shot, No big loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Deadst4r wrote: »

Seems pretty official to me.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/michael-bisping-announces-rematch-with-dan-henderson-at-ufc-204-in-england-080516

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Delighted I took a punt on that cheap flight now. Fingers crossed for tickets now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

How many on the 8am flight home?

Will we organize a van pick up 12 seater outside the arena??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

My fight club sub runs out in September I think. If I still have it by time the tickets are on sale I'll gladly give my code to a group buying tickets. I won't be going to the event as much as I would love to

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Hey lads something I just spotted on Reddit MMA, a comment from Jim Edwards from FloCombat (Jeremy Botter's site) who broke the story last night -

"[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hey guys just to clarify because I think people are getting confused. From what I've been told the UFC FP Prelims will start at 9pm local time, the TV prelim card will start at 10pm and the main card will start at 1am BST. This means the main event should be in the Octagon at 3am BST."[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]That makes it much more managable[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That would be much much better. Less of a rush back to the airport.

Just a heads up on tickets. There may be a limit of 4 for fightclub members on this event. I think 200 and 202 both had a limit of 4. With this expected to sell out FAST, i imagine they'll keep it at 4 here too.
    "Ultimate and Elite Fight Club members, use your unique pre-sale code to be the first to get ticket access for 18 UFC events total, with a 4 ticket limit per event (unless otherwise noted)"

For those sharing fightclub codes and aren't aware - your code stays the same for the entire year so has the potential to be abused. Have shared myself before but do it over PM with someone you trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mate of mine said the same today. Looks like a limit of four....balls....

steveydon wrote: »
    Hey lads something I just spotted on Reddit MMA, a comment from Jim Edwards from FloCombat (Jeremy Botter's site) who broke the story last night -

"[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hey guys just to clarify because I think people are getting confused. From what I've been told the UFC FP Prelims will start at 9pm local time, the TV prelim card will start at 10pm and the main card will start at 1am BST. This means the main event should be in the Octagon at 3am BST."[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]That makes it much more managable[/font]

I think it's still ridic stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

callaway92 wrote: »
    I think it's still ridic stupid

Appealing to there primary market and source of revenue is hardly stupid to be fair.

Would be happy with that 3/4 am out would be sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

My fight club membership is up on August 28th. Spot all the lads who bought membership to purchase pre-sale tickets to McGregor v Aldo 😂😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement