Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Codes are renewed per event I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

DrPhilG wrote: »
    JR6 wrote: »
    Missed all of this all day as was driving the amalfi coast! Had to keep my eyes on the road!!! Any tickets left on presale? If anyone has a code please pm. Thanks! Only need 1 maybe two tickets. Cheers.

Should be a fair few left.

I can't share my code as I still have other events I'll be using it for and those sharing their codes are taking a big risk!

I do have a single spare ticket though, 60 face value for anyone who wants it.
    I assumed it was a unique code for each event??

I assumed it was a unique code for each event??

Unless it's changed in the last few events, it's always been the same code for the whole year. UFC don't want you sharing codes so I doubt they would change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Codes are renewed per event I believe.

Nope. Same event for your entire year of membership.

So those sharing their codes run the risk of;

a - the person they shared it with using it again, or sharing it with everyone else they know.

b - the FC admin figuring out that the code is being shared which results in the code being blocked and the FC account being suspended with no refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Missed all of this all day as was driving the amalfi coast! Had to keep my eyes on the road!!! Any tickets left on presale? If anyone has a code please pm. Thanks! Only need 1 maybe two tickets. Cheers.

I can't share my code as I still have other events I'll be using it for and those sharing their codes are taking a big risk!

Ya I might be interested in that actually. Where about is the seat in the arena?

I have deleted the two pms that gave me codes, cheers, no danger of my using up your codes, even if belfast is hard to secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Ya I might be interested in that actually. Where about is the seat in the arena?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

are tickets still available on fight club does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

but1er wrote: »
    I'm in 120 row W who sitting In front of me I throw pints of piss at since I didn't get aisle seats haha

Sooooo it appears I may have some block 120 row P for sale. . . . :o

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 UFCfan97

I rang UK ticketmaster and they said I'd need a letter of authority to be able to collect my tickets at the box office. Now I've just seen this on Manchester Arena's website..

'We do not accept letters of authority for ticket collections, as this system can be abused by secondary ticket markets. If you have any queries about your booking, please contact your point of purchase directly'.

Has anyone had an experience like this before? Surely there is other people would be doing the same thing as myself. Absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

UFCfan97 wrote: »
    I rang UK ticketmaster and they said I'd need a letter of authority to be able to collect my tickets at the box office. Now I've just seen this on Manchester Arena's website..

'We do not accept letters of authority for ticket collections, as this system can be abused by secondary ticket markets. If you have any queries about your booking, please contact your point of purchase directly'.

Has anyone had an experience like this before? Surely there is other people would be doing the same thing as myself. Absolute joke

You will be 100% with the ID and card.

Surely they can also offer you a way to pay for delivery and get them posted out?

I wouldn't worry, you'll get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

UFCfan97 wrote: »

Possibly pass this on to ticketmaster/worst case scenario perhaps query switching delivery method

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UFCfan97

Just rang back ticketmaster in the UK. Pretty much went on a mad one on the phone to ensure they knew I wasn't messing about for the guts of a 650 euro payment for 4 tickets.

Long story short, I will be getting the tickets posted to me via registered international mail for a cost of 13.50 pounds. I'm still struggling to see why they couldn't of just given that option at the delivery stage of the transaction but yeah. Long stressful day over these tickets, head is melted. Glad it is sorted now.

Thanks for all the help to everyone over the past few days for all my queries I've had. I hope everyone that is going enjoys the event and safe travels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Delighted. Got lower tier tickets for 75 pound. Few rows back from the floor seats. Laughing all the way to the bank. Ufc have really bent us over here. Wasn't worth the extra bob. There was a range difference of 125 pound between 15 rows in the Lower tier.

Anyone strike big? Anyone get badly bent over?

• Advertisement

Were I not in a hurry to get all the lads sorted I could have taken more time to pick seats/save a few quid but feck it, got what we originally wanted and it's a once off. The trip is costing £150 + spends, we'll worth it to see one last H-Bomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Floor seats
    Block b
    Row n

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Delighted. Got lower tier tickets for 75 pound. Few rows back from the floor seats. Laughing all the way to the bank. Ufc have really bent us over here. Wasn't worth the extra bob. There was a range difference of 125 pound between 15 rows in the Lower tier.

A few rows back from the floor? For 75?

Eh?

What row / section are you in..

In block 203, row G. Anyone with any previous experience know what sort of seat that is? Happy to just be in the building tbh but wouldn't mind knowing what sorta view I'm in for

D.Q wrote: »
    In block 203, row G. Anyone with any previous experience know what sort of seat that is? Happy to just be in the building tbh but wouldn't mind knowing what sorta view I'm in for

Iirc 203 is halfway line, upper tier so you'll be in line with the cage. You'll be grand.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    Iirc 203 is halfway line, upper tier so you'll be in line with the cage. You'll be grand.

Wonder how block 108 will look, never been to a UFC event before so no idea haha

I reckon for the 105 pound they cost that some people with lower priced tickets will get a better seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorry, looks like it's sold.

Wonder how block 108 will look, never been to a UFC event before so no idea haha

I reckon for the 105 pound they cost that some people with lower priced tickets will get a better seat.

Have a look at the attached pic

The guy is standing between 108 and 109 about 15ish rows back - so row N/O. The cage is going to be just beyond where those speakers are in the middle of the floor. You will be grand. The arena isn't massive so really nobody should be struggling for a good view. Don't be worrying about the price of it now, just have the craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Is there a newsletter code for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

So I booked on me dad's card.

Can I just show his visa and collect or what will I need?

Beersmith wrote: »
    Is there a newsletter code for tomorrow?

MANCHESTER

I think that's what I read in the email I deleted after got sorted today

but1er wrote: »
    So I booked on me dad's card.

Can I just show his visa and collect or what will I need?

Eh, have a look through UFCfan97's last few posts in this thread. I think you need to contact somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thebandisback

Well lads anyone a presale code for thefightclub tickets booked hotels and flights 3 weeks ago and wanna make sure me and two the lads can get a ticket thanks alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Well lads anyone a presale code for thefightclub tickets booked hotels and flights 3 weeks ago and wanna make sure me and two the lads can get a ticket thanks alot

Password is MANCHESTER got a mail earlier.

Got tickets for block 122 row N £105 each happy enough. Can't wait for this to come around now, group of 4of us on the 8am flight too hope we make it!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Password is MANCHESTER got a mail earlier.

Got tickets for block 122 row N £105 each happy enough. Can't wait for this to come around now, group of 4of us on the 8am flight too hope we make it!

I doubt main event goes 5 rounds, someone is going down in the first two one way or another :pac: I'd say fight will be done and dusted come half 5

• Advertisement

Booking flights now. How confident are people about the 8am flight

Booking flights now. How confident are people about the 8am flight

Get out quick and get a taxi you should be fine. When I booked later flight was 7 euro so have two flights home in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

right lads im defo thinking of going now, what way does the fightclub presale work, do you use a link sent through fightclub or just use Manchester as password.

Booked the 8am flight there. Had to jump as prices sky rocketed the last 24 hours and I presume would go higher again with the general sale. Going with aer lingus.

Hopefully it will be fine. Lot of lads here seem confident

got the 6pm flight out and the 8am flight home for 80e, thats with front row seats on both, so should have been about 60e. Decent price I thought. With aer lingus.

Going solo though, so if anyone in the same boat wants to combine for a taxi? let me know

got the 6pm flight out and the 8am flight home for 80e, thats with front row seats on both, so should have been about 60e. Decent price I thought. With aer lingus.

Going solo though, so if anyone in the same boat wants to combine for a taxi? let me know

Going to book the same once I can get decent tickets. think they are around €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone flying out with Ryanair on the 13:50pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Buddy of mine getting the 8AM flight back too and he'll be looking for someone to share with - as is the poster here "Maximoose". I'll send you a pm

Managed to get the cheap seats there with presale code. 55e

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat. Me and one other on the same flights as you with aer lingus. Would be happy to join up for a cab

Grabbed mine today, got Block 107 Row T.

no joy for me, will try again tomorrow

The pre sale sold out already ?

seems like it

im looking for 3 so tough to get, might have to sit seperate

When's someone going to do the sensible thing and order a coach or two? £5 a piece, 10 minutes to get out of the stadium, job done. Straight to the airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

When's someone going to do the sensible thing and order a coach or two? £5 a piece, 10 minutes to get out of the stadium, job done. Straight to the airport

Seems the best idea. 10 seater Transit is £49.60 here

I'm happy to get this booked, anyone interested PM me.

So far I think we have:
    Me
    Killergreene
    Callaway92's friend
    D.Q
    JoeyJJ?

So why haven't you done it?

Beersmith wrote: »
    So why haven't you done it?

I live in London and am driving home. Just stating the obvious.
    I'm sure there's plenty or coaches or double-decker drivers willing to do an hours work for easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone flying out with Ryanair on the 13:50pm?
    I'm 4:40pm from Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Seems like a great idea until 6am and you're relying on people you barely know to all be in a coach at the same time after a day full of booze.

• Advertisement
Advertisement