Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

Seems like a great idea until 6am and you're relying on people you barely know to all be in a coach at the same time after a day full of booze.

6:10 cut-off. Pay in advance, not there by then the bus leaves, make your own way.
    The main worry would be people getting so mangled that they get sick but if you're that bad you're not going to be let on the flight anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I live in London and am driving home.

And me paying for the train like a schmuk

I don't have much luck with trains and they're usually more expensive than hiring a car. I'd offer a lift but i'm going back to the hotel after the fights for a few hours snooze then giving friends a lift to the airport.
    Anyone needs a lift up to Manchester on the Saturday morning can let me know

I don't have much luck with trains and they're usually more expensive than hiring a car. I'd offer a lift but i'm going back to the hotel after the fights for a few hours snooze then giving friends a lift to the airport.
    Anyone needs a lift up to Manchester on the Saturday morning can let me know

ah I'm only joking. £44 return which I didn't think was bad - although it's a little more expensive than the lad's flight from Dublin :confused:. The challenge is not falling asleep in the station before they let me on board on the Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Pm geeby I'll defo take 3 seats on the bus

but1er wrote: »
    Pm geeby I'll defo take 3 seats on the bus

How did I get roped into it, haha
    Beersmith nominated himself with that smart**** comment...all yours mate!

Someone take ownership I don't want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

PM me numbers, whatsapp group easiest?

maximoose wrote: »
    PM me numbers, whatsapp group easiest?

WhatsApp won't work noone will have data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Most of the networks do a daily data pass for about 2e. I'll definitely have data anyway. I have pm'd ya my number maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

WhatsApp won't work noone will have data

Meet beforehand, pick a spot to meet at a specific time, go from there.

Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

4 to a taxi make buddies in Llyods before hand. Bus will be mental to get everyone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Got sorted with tickets today. Section 219, row B. Can't wait now! Will also be flying back on the 8am flight.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Got sorted with tickets today. Section 219, row B. Can't wait now! Will also be flying back on the 8am flight.

Haha there is going to be some amount of tired/hungover people on that plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha there is going to be some amount of tired/hungover still drunk people on that plane

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I just happened to be visiting Manchester for a beet festival that day anyway. Staying the night and Sunday evening flight so im not organising anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Beersmith wrote: »

I just happened to be visiting Manchester for a beet festival that day anyway. Staying the night and Sunday evening flight so im not organising anything

Beer festival you say!

Mad for the beets are you? Wouldn't want to be sat beside you on the plane!

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    :o

I'd imagine they will stop serving in the Arena fairly early? How you planning on staying drunk, if you have a plan let me in on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

dwight.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

If people are running a bus for 8am flight we'd b interested. Group of 4 here

I'd imagine they will stop serving in the Arena fairly early? How you planning on staying drunk, if you have a plan let me in on it :pac:

Hopefully bar stays open lateish, would b a long 5/6 hours with a hangover creeping in lol.
    Anyone know what hours the bar did for Hatton v tsyzu fight? Hopefully with the U.K. Having later opening hours for bars it'll stay open reasonably late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Hopefully bar stays open lateish, would b a long 5/6 hours with a hangover creeping in lol.
    Anyone know what hours the bar did for Hatton v tsyzu fight? Hopefully with the U.K. Having later opening hours for bars it'll stay open reasonably late.

The warehouse project serves all night id say this would be similar.

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Seen this yesterday

2lxcgpl.png

• Advertisement

Seen this yesterday

So just order a few beers at 10 to 4 :)

Anyone got caffene tablets. I am hoping someone is throwing Monster cans around to keep me awake. If not Gin will suffice, hopefully security let me on plane if I have to keep the gin flowing. Not drinking too much beer in event only to be off to jacks the whole night.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone got caffene tablets. I am hoping someone is throwing Monster cans around to keep me awake. If not Gin will suffice, hopefully security let me on plane if I have to keep the gin flowing. Not drinking too much beer in event only to be off to jacks the whole night.

Yeah, I am still unsure whether to properly drink or not haha. There will definitely be monster on sale somewhere, surely? Still unsure whether to drink because my travelling will start at 11am in Waterford and bus the next day from Dublin leave at 11 so that means ill be home around 2-3 the next day. That is 27ish hours of travelling, doing the last few hours with a hangover could be horror :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Looks like it's going to be a sell out so.

Can't wait lads. Gonna be a cracker. Anyone land big today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Anyone ended up with a spare ticket I'd be fire er in debt. Didn't think it would sell out so wuickly

• Advertisement

Anyone ended up with a spare ticket I'd be fire er in debt. Didn't think it would sell out so wuickly

Is it sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

its nuts... im looking for one ticket...even searched any price and nothing comes back

Looking at FB comments on the event. Lots of unhappy people. In fairness I would have thought there were very few left after Wednesday. A lot up on resale sites already apparently - that's scummy

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I reckon there will be a fair few tickets on the go closer to the time.

People dropping out due to late night start etc.

I think touts collected a lot of the tickets as well, hope they get stuck with them.

If anyone has 2 tickets in the 80 / 100 / 130 range, give me a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I didn't bother booking flights until I had a ticket if anyone has a £40 ticket spare let me know thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Scummy behaviour from Ticketmaster UK. They've a ton of tickets on 'GetMeIn' at extortionate prices... That site in question is owned by TM.

Poor form.

That being said, were Eventim not selling tickets too? Bar the seat map crapping out, it was one of the easiest ticket purchases I've ever made.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I checked that 'GetMeIn' website. The section I got is now nearly triple the price.

2uCRlp.jpg

That_Guy wrote: »
    Scummy behaviour from Ticketmaster UK. They've a ton of tickets on 'GetMeIn' at extortionate prices... That site in question is owned by TM.

Poor form.

That being said, were Eventim not selling tickets too? Bar the seat map crapping out, it was one of the easiest ticket purchases I've ever made.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I checked that 'GetMeIn' website. The section I got is now nearly triple the price.

2uCRlp.jpg

They might be for sale but will anyone actually buy them? I reckon if people want tickets badly enough to spend 300£+ on them they would have booked earlier.

Better off getting the remaining vip tickets than those.

I have been on FB today probably more than I've ever been before (in total!) and I'm just taken aback from all the fury and vitriol being spewed. Surely if tickets were that important you'd go out of your way to have the best chance possible. So many comments start with "I need 4/5 tickets"....."only touts got them" etc.

Was fightclub a secret? Was it just some exclusive version of the poster that only I and a select few saw that read "Fightclub pre-sale Wednesday 8th"? Would such info not make somebody think, "I wonder what fightclub membership entails..."? I didn't like giving the UFC extra money for nothing (especially postage fee for the tat that I didn't want!) but it was a simple way to more or less guarantee that the group of us got sorted.

Anyway, screw it, I feel bad for some people some others will just never be able to be helped.

Gonna be a long month of anticipation :D

The problem with alot of fans, especially new-ish fans, is that they think demand isn't going to be good. Outside Europe, they have a fair point. The last few Vegas events have been poor but this is the first ever Euro title fight. With the weak £, it has never been cheaper for € fans to get in and every event there is more of them. Shocked by the increasing number of Belgians, Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, & Dagestan guys that go to every event along with the ever present Brits & Irish.
    I had 2 mates that I suggested get FightClub as I already had 6 to book. With the timing, they were sure it wouldn't sell out despite my protests.
    I've said I wouldn't help but if anyone has 2 spare, let me know.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    I have been on FB today probably more than I've ever been before (in total!) and I'm just taken aback from all the fury and vitriol being spewed. Surely if tickets were that important you'd go out of your way to have the best chance possible. So many comments start with "I need 4/5 tickets"....."only touts got them" etc.

Was fightclub a secret? Was it just some exclusive version of the poster that only I and a select few saw that read "Fightclub pre-sale Wednesday 8th"? Would such info not make somebody think, "I wonder what fightclub membership entails..."? I didn't like giving the UFC extra money for nothing (especially postage fee for the tat that I didn't want!) but it was a simple way to more or less guarantee that the group of us got sorted.

Anyway, screw it, I feel bad for some people some others will just never be able to be helped.

Fight club is very pricey but we split it between 4of us and was definitely worth it to get the tickets hassle free on Wednesday. Plus if any more events pop up in next 12 months that we wanna go to we should be sorted.

6 mins it Sold out in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

6 mins it Sold out in

Thank jaysis for Fight Club

theteal wrote: »

And don't forget the other presale promotions yesterday, I got mine using the newsletter code. To be fair though reading through FB comments you're never going to see a lot of positivity either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fight Club is a pain in the hole, lots of issues about it. But I have never come away from a presale without tickets. Not the tickets I wanted, but I didn't miss out.

I'm actually chuffed with the one I got this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Even if you were on the ball yesterday morning, you could have got tickets with the newsletter presale.

6 mins it Sold out in

I never understand who makes this stuff up.

I was able to get sets of 2 tickets (beside each other) from both Ticketmaster and Eventim at 12pm.

Both sets of tickets were *not* platinum and were normal face value.

However, they were the 200 ones so I wasn't interested.

The servers
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fight Club is a pain in the hole, lots of issues about it. But I have never come away from a presale without tickets. Not the tickets I wanted, but I didn't miss out.

I'm actually chuffed with the one I got this time.

This is the reason I didn't renew...well also because I'm pretty broke. But fightclub usually gives you pretty poor selection of tickets during the presale.

A lot of people have found better success using the map on the general sale, but obviously the demand was massive this morning so that wasn't an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Got home from work check me post, Eventim UFC 204 ticket already...swift!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

The problem with alot of fans, especially new-ish fans, is that they think demand isn't going to be good. this is the first ever Euro title fight.

Are you a new-ish fan?

Barao Mcdonald
    Henderson rampage
    Penn Stevenson

Advertisement