Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

1121314151618»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Paid 26£ for a cab to the airport. Made it well in time. Crowd wasn't too sloppy in spite of the fear mongering on here. Everyone seemed more tired than posses. Not sure when the last time was I saw a card with ten of twelve finishes. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

What a great night. Nice power nap on the flight home. Nice to meet all of you too. A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lot of people asleep in the stands haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Prebooked cab never showed up. Will be looking for a refund there. Got a black cab. Some dodgy feckers. A couple of cabs looking for £50.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Aye the crowd wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

I didn't see any fights between fans or anything like that.

But the queues for the toilets were really bad.

Great night, really enjoyed it. Lost my mind during bisping Hendo, and the Mike Perry Roberts fight was class as well.

Also OSP :O

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cashcow

Prebooked cab never showed up. Will be looking for a refund there. Got a black cab. Some dodgy feckers. A couple of cabs looking for £50.

Mine was a no show also.check your email,they apparently cancelled mine at 05.03 thats when I got an email informing me and advised I'd get a refund.

Good not to see any sign of trouble. The 4 Irish guys sitting in front of me switched over to cheering for Bisping after the 2 knockdown's,we love a battling underdog in this country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Great card, except the snoozer with the 2 Brazilian lads!

Gutted for Pickett. He really should hang it up now. Yuri demolished him.

I'm jealous of you lads that bust your ass to make the 8am flight.

I'm getting a 3pm flight from Liverpool to Derry. Spent 3 hours in the coach station this morning, now I have another 3 hours in the airport.

Haven't slept in 28 hours and I'm scared to put my head down in the airport in case I don't wake til Monday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was rooting for Hendo, but discreetly.

Unlike the first fight between the 2. I joined in as an honorary American and took the absolute piss out of the 2 British lads a few rows ahead.

I prebooked one for 5.55. The event ended a little earlier so i tried to grab one outside rather than waiting. Was very hairy on the road. Got two cabs who wanted 40 and 45 pound. (Prebooked fee was 21). Eventually found a black cab who said it would cost around 25 pound so I took him and rang the company I prebooked with and cancelled that one. Mine was with supa cabs

Yeah checked email and rang them ten times but no luck.

• Advertisement

cashcow wrote: »
    Prebooked cab never showed up. Will be looking for a refund there. Got a black cab. Some dodgy feckers. A couple of cabs looking for 50.

Good not to see any sign of trouble. The 4 Irish guys sitting in front of me switched over to cheering for Bisping after the 2 knockdown's,we love a battling underdog in this country!

This was me. Except I switched as soon as Bisping survived the first onslaught. I was roaring like hell as soon as bisping stood back up at the end of round 1.

I just wanted a war I think and thats what I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just a 3 hour wait at the airport meself, great night main event was better than anticipated, Thought Hendo coulda got it certainly wasnt 49-46 looking forward to watching it back, delighted for Mousasi can't wait to see Bektic and Perry in a action again.

Diakase has some fine tuning to do or perhaps it was the good ol "octagon jitters" but without being impressive showed he deserved the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great to meet some of the lads, that 12 seater worked out well despite the driver trying it on the ****er. 27 hour day crashed for 3 hours like a zombie still.

Didn't see any asleep, was a guy ahead thrown out before the main, acting the maggot earlier
    And decided to start it again, was great as the tension was lifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    The only issue with making the flight will be being able to secure a taxi to the airport IMO.

Distance is no issue and time won't be either, but actually being able to find a taxi at that time of the morning with thousands after the same thing will be difficult.

This was the case IMO. It must have taken us 20 minutes to get a cab sorted and the only reason we did was because we literally went up to every single empty cab around the vicinity. We must have been turned away at least 15 times before striking "lucky".

I did book a couple online and one via Uber but they were for after 6am so I just cancelled those once we got ourselves sorted.

The taxi drivers over there by the way :pac: One bloke actually quoted £100 for the airport and when I told him that it'd be cheaper for me to get a later taxi and buy a new flight ticket for later in the day offered to drop the cost to £80. Unbelievable. :pac: I would imagine at least a couple of those drivers would have tried it on with the wrong crowds last night and ended up worse for wear (hopefully!). Scumbags.

It was also quite lucky that every fight on the main card was a finish apart from the main event. If we'd had Bisping/Henderson and say even 2 of the others going to the scorecards it would have been very, very tight as you could be talking 6:15am-6:30am before we were out of the arena and on the hunt for taxis.

Things worked out well in the end but the first flight back is probably not something I'd do again as it did take a slight bit of enjoyment out of things clock watching during the main card and wondering if we would actually make it on time.

Can't remember last time UFC ran over on a ppv. It costs them serious wedge. They would have shortened the sequences between fights to make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I'm like a zombie,

Big shout out to Chris and 12 seated was perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah the lads with me were stiffed on their pre-booked taxi also.

Piccadilly station was funny/depressing with all the people everywhere catching a few Zs on the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Great to meet some of the lads, that 12 seater worked out well despite the driver trying it on the ****er. 27 hour day crashed for 3 hours like a zombie still.

Didn't see any asleep, was a guy ahead thrown out before the main, acting the maggot earlier
    And decided to start it again, was great as the tension was lifted.

Airports are the worst place to be when you haven't slept and are rapidly transitioning from drunk to hungover

• Advertisement

Suffering now lads......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

My first event and I though it was brilliant. I had great seats just at the edge of the top tier. Great view for £60. Didnt drink at all in the arena. The ques were crazy and the toilets beside us were disgusting.

By the sounds of things, we were lucky our prebooked Taxi turned up. Alot of very tired heads on that 8am flight and heard a few people mention there friends didnt make it!

Anyone watch the new fake taxi? Haha

That bus was gas

I'm still looking for that blonde bird from the airport if anyone sees her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

but1er wrote: »
    I'm still looking for that blonde bird from the airport if anyone sees her

Go on .......

A few lads missed the flight ? I'd be sick to the gills if that had happened

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    My first event and I though it was brilliant. I had great seats just at the edge of the top tier. Great view for £60. Didnt drink at all in the arena. The ques were crazy and the toilets beside us were disgusting.

By the sounds of things, we were lucky our prebooked Taxi turned up. Alot of very tired heads on that 8am flight and heard a few people mention there friends didnt make it!

I sat cageside the last two UFC events I was at and I have to say even though it was a great experience doing that, I was very impressed with the £55 offering last night and was sitting in row 2 or 3 of the upper tier. I think I'd even go as far as to say that I preferred it. No view restrictions from people in front (and if you're a short guy/girl you may as well forget about it and watch the screens for the night), no cameraman blocking at times as he works, actually a better grasp on things when they hit the deck as you're just looking up into the octagon from the floor seats.

There are a few things which are massive pluses for floor seats however - 1) I've never had an issue with sitting beside or near idiots on the floor, whereas last night (and other times I've sat in the cheaper spots) was pretty painful. One bloke was saying that he felt Sajewski lost on purpose (and he was deadly serious), while another punter was KO'd by beer and blocking the entrance to an entire row. 2) I've always managed to get a couple of pictures with and have a quick chat with the likes of Ariel and/or fighters/UFC personnel while in the floor seats, that's pretty cool. 3) Queues for the bar and toilets have been pretty much non-existent when I've been on the floor, whereas it's just chaos anywhere else.

I think the sweet spot for seats might actually be in the middle of the lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hendo111

Fantastic event overall delighted with my experience went over thursday was staying in the fighter hotel was pretty awesome meeting them all getting pics and memrobilia signed,met Hendo there at 6 in the airport had a chat with him and his team looked in fine shape was off to Amsterdam for a break,

Was delighted with my p2 tickets was in 104 at eye level and genuinely looked to have better seats than people at the rear of the floor seats,plenty of sloppy drunks around seen no trouble bar the sloppy drunks spilling drinks lots of experts giving their expert play by play in the crowd I noticed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Howta lads just getting into bed now after the event
    Had floor seats 14 rows back section b
    End up behind Lorenz Larkin for the night right at the prep point
    Flipping amazing view of things
    We'd Courtney laws in front row of us and Mike Phillips and Adam Jones on our right and left
    £1000 seats and we paid 200
    Woohoo
    Made it back for 8am flight and air host moved us to over wing seats before take off
    Great night all round
    #wrecked.com

First time on floor seats and it was a great experience not for every event however was necessary for this one or I wouldn't have a ticket. Being 6,2 meant I was good without the tiered seating.

That trip has taken its toll, us time zone cards in Europe would want to be as good quality as that if not better for me to bother traveling

Paully D wrote: »
    I think the sweet spot for seats might actually be in the middle of the lower tier.

I was row N of block 103, centre of the row.

It was absolutely perfect, could see down on the octagon and only time I ever had to look at screens was to check when the chokes were locked in or not as it was hard to see.

Still some morons around me though. One scouser guy felt the need to shout commands at every fighter during every fight. Some things are just out of your control!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Deadst4r wrote:
    Still some morons around me though. One scouser guy felt the need to shout commands at every fighter during every fight. Some things are just out of your control!

That was everywhere
    Even in the expensive seats
    One guy turned and asked me after bisping Henderson how is the fight scored ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Still bollocksed. Some night. Sound bunch of lads in the pub/bus after.

brinty wrote:
    That was everywhere Even in the expensive seats One guy turned and asked me after bisping Henderson how is the fight scored ...

The lad beside me didn't know who Bisping was. I laughed. But he was harmless.

Work was a struggle today. I'm still not right. :pac:

Paully D wrote:
    Work was a struggle today. I'm still not right.

6 mile run cleared out the system. Rough lonnnnng day though.

Advertisement