Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Anyone know about the 4/6 tickets for FC members, has that always been the case or have they recently changed it? If you signed up and paid when it was for 6 tickets then they are changing the terms of the contract you paid for. You could argue it.

For anyone concerned about their FC ending or whether or not to get 1, remember there are still strong rumours of a Belfast event in December, if not then Glasgow. So you could have 2 very quick opportunities to take advantage of the tickets....plus I'm sure talk of Croker next summer will not die down so you'll be covered for that(lol don't think you'd need to be overly concerned about a presale when theres 80000 seats though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How good would p1 be?

We got them for London back in February. I used Fight Club to get early tickets but couldn't log on to get them until the afternoon due to work so we ended up 10 or 11 rows back. I got on straight away for Hamburg for P1's and I'm dead center about 4 or 5 rows back for €150 (London cost almost €250 from what I remember).

I'd usually been in P3 or P4 for events previously and while they are absolutely fine, I thought the P1's were a fantastic experience in London. Apart from being so close to the action, we virtually had our own bar and toilet as there was no queues whatsoever at these and those who have been to events before know how annoying it can be trying to grab a pint/piss between fights without missing any action. We also got to chat with some fighters and media guys who were in the vicinity all night. It's a great experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ASOT wrote: »
    Appealing to there primary market and source of revenue is hardly stupid to be fair.

C'mon..I understand how the market works. I mean from a live spectator point of view.

callaway92 wrote: »
    C'mon..I understand how the market works. I mean from a live spectator point of view.

They don't care about 20,000 live spectators as they know it will sell out anyway due to the importance. They don't care about euro fans watching at home either. They always watch live events at stupid o'clock so no difference there.
    It's all about the money. Americans pay $60 per PPV. Even if they only do 500,000 PPV buys, that's $30 million in revenue.

UFC is very consistent in 1 thing, they'll always do whatever makes them the most $$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

My fightclub expires on 17th August hardly any chance for me there? :P There's 7 of us going so gonna need 2 accounts which is annoying, if possible I wouldn't mind borrowing someones code from here who's not going :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think I like the idea of the early morning card. I'll only get there on the Saturday, won't need to pay for accommodation (in fact, money earmarked for accom can go towards a better ticket!), early train back home. Sure we're all used to staying up stupidly late to watch cards on TV as it is - granted I don't do it anywhere near as much as I used to

They don't care about 20,000 live spectators as they know it will sell out anyway due to the importance. They don't care about euro fans watching at home either. They always watch live events at stupid o'clock so no difference there.
    It's all about the money. Americans pay $60 per PPV. Even if they only do 500,000 PPV buys, that's $30 million in revenue.

UFC is very consistent in 1 thing, they'll always do whatever makes them the most $$$

I don't think you're grasping what I'm saying here. I'm on about ME PERSONALLY hating it from my point of view having to be there till 4am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't think you're grasping what I'm saying here. I'm on about ME PERSONALLY hating it from my point of view having to be there till 4am

Just don't go then it's fairly simple. I don't mind it personally, I don't sleep anyway so thats probably why. I do understand were your coming form though but this seems like it'll be the more wherever they can get it agreed locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hates a strong word, if ya really did so you wouldn't bother goin...unless you are a danger to yourself putting yourself in places you don't want to be :D

Nah, i'm going lads. Flights etc. booked already. Love the spectacle of UFC in person.

I got the time off work so over Thursday back Sunday, had the flight back booked back since speculation began, way over Thursday just booked €9.99 :)

I hate Manchester I'd rather get in and out as quick as I can, spending three days there for a festival did my head in haha

Believe me I know where your comin from,from down south and happens I'm in Dublin the Wed night so makes sense to just head straight over Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Will fight club be the only way to get hold of tickets ? Also I presume fight pass is a completely different thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

14murphy wrote:
    Will fight club be the only way to get hold of tickets ? Also I presume fight pass is a completely different thing.

Fight pass is just an online service for watching ufc content. Fight Club is a club where membership gives you access to early ticket sales for events like Manchester. In all honesty it's probably your best bet of getting a ticket. If you have a few mates ye could all chip in on the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Fight pass is just an online service for watching ufc content. Fight Club is a club where membership gives you access to early ticket sales for events like Manchester. In all honesty it's probably your best bet of getting a ticket. If you have a few mates ye could all chip in on the subscription.

Thanks for clearing that up ! Have we been giving a date for ticket sales.

14murphy wrote:
    Thanks for clearing that up ! Have we been giving a date for ticket sales.

No date yet. Waiting patiently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Myself and two others have booked flights. Over Sat mid day and on that 8am flight.

My third UFC event.

Can't wait!

Jacare is busting his left and right nut on twitter today to get the co main/next contender fight on the card. I think having a strong MW fight on the card should be essential as a backup plan incase anything(no scudding) happens.

For anyone that has twitter don't forget to drop DW/Joe Silva a message telling him you want Seery & Gunnar on the card ;) Maybe Duffy to, but he just fought few weeks ago whereas Seery & Gunnar not since beginning of May.

Devastator wrote:
    Jacare is busting his left and right nut on twitter today to get the co main/next contender fight on the card. I think having a strong MW fight on the card should be essential as a backup plan incase anything(no scudding) happens.

I woulda thought vitor v mousasi would have that covered?

You think? I wouldn't have it down for the winner getting next title fight. I wouldn't be too happy with Belfort getting the chance to possibly step into a title fight either.

Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare & probably Romero, make a fight(or even better 2 fights) out of that bunch and winner gets the next title shot. Should anything go wrong for the main, they've a pick of 4 top contenders can easily step in.

I agree completely but the fact that hendo got the title shot tells me they would be happy to replace with vitor or mousasi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Devastator wrote: »
    You think? I wouldn't have it down for the winner getting next title fight. I wouldn't be too happy with Belfort getting the chance to possibly step into a title fight either.

Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare & probably Romero, make a fight(or even better 2 fights) out of that bunch and winner gets the next title shot. Should anything go wrong for the main, they've a pick of 4 top contenders can easily step in.

It doesn't need to be a title eliminator, all they need from it is one of those guys to be a credible challenger if either man in the main event pulls out, as well as being a decent fight. It does the job and that's all they want out of it.

Jacare, like Woodley, would be wise to wait for his title shot now because he's more than earned it. I don't think he's the type who'd want to wait though, next Brazilian card, I'm sure he'll be on it.

I agree completely but the fact that hendo got the title shot tells me they would be happy to replace with vitor or mousasi

I don't love the title fight but I also have no issue with it considering Bisping's career. I think he deserves the pick. You may be right but this is a PPV card so I think it will (on paper) look more stacked than other usual UK/European events. If they were to use Belfort/Mousasi as backup I'd rather see GM get a chance.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    It doesn't need to be a title eliminator, all they need from it is one of those guys to be a credible challenger if either man in the main event pulls out, as well as being a decent fight. It does the job and that's all they want out of it.

Jacare, like Woodley, would be wise to wait for his title shot now because he's more than earned it. I don't think he's the type who'd want to wait though, next Brazilian card, I'm sure he'll be on it.

Ok, so we'll not call it a title eliminator but if they were to make a fight out of any of the 4 I mentioned then we all know its a title eliminator :D

There is a Brazil card week or 2 before 204 and as I said earlier he's not shut up about being on the 204 event.

The impression I'm getting from reading some posts here and around are that people don't expect this card to be any good :confused: Is that the case? Do yous think its going to be on a similar kind of level to usual European events? I don't, not at all. Not only because its a PPV but there are only so many ppv events to put the bigger names on. There will be no new matchups added to the PPVs before 204(because they're too soon at this stage), 205 is NYC and it seems pretty much everyone wants onto that as it is and beyond that you're looking at the end of year card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Devastator wrote: »
    The impression I'm getting from reading some posts here and around are that people don't expect this card to be any good :confused: Is that the case?

Bisping v Henderson (title bout)
    Belfort v Mousasi
    Struve v Magomedov
    Manuwa v OSP
    Santos v Martins

It's already better than anything they have ever put on in Europe.

Paully D wrote: »
    Bisping v Henderson (title bout)
    Belfort v Mousasi
    Struve v Magomedov
    Manuwa v OSP
    Santos v Martins

There will be lots of UK fighters hopefully and some Irish fighters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Danny Roberts surely on the card?

What about Saul Rogers fighting next Saturday??

Paully D wrote: »

Don't think it really compares to the very early European cards just yet, but certainly stands up well compared to the cards when UFC starting more regular European events.

I think they're going to make a big deal out of this event and theres going to be some big additions to the card. Considering the time of the event it may put a lot of people off(weirdos!) so they might need to stack the card, especially with a few 'names' to make sure the place is packed out.

Even if they didn't add ANY more fights to the already announced fights I'd still be going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

When will it be confirmed if its going to be 4 or 6 for fight club members?

When can we expect tickets to go on general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Would it be worth purchasing Fight Club to ensure that you get a ticket for this event only? Or are members buying it with intentions of going to Hamburg, Vegas etc.

What are chances like of getting a few tickets with no FC membership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

They do sometimes keep some tickets back for the newsletter presale and the public sale but I wouldn't risk it without a FC membership.

Would it be worth purchasing Fight Club to ensure that you get a ticket for this event only? Or are members buying it with intentions of going to Hamburg, Vegas etc.

What are chances like of getting a few tickets with no FC membership?

Should be fine within the first hour or two of tickets going on sale.

Fightclub is great.

Used it last year for 5 UFC events. We split the cost so was nothing.

Buying a brand new one for Manchester between the 5 of us and even if its just used for Manchester, your paying $17 for guaranteed tickets - worth it.

The only problem is they wont allow us buy 5 tickets for Manchester we will have to buy two subscriptions and sit 3 and 2.

Fightpass is great.

Fight Club.

Fight Pass is a different kettle of fish.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fightpass is great.

Fight Club.

Fight Pass is a different kettle of fish.
    *** Club

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JordanR

Can anyone recommend how long it will take for this event to sell out? Currently don't have Fightclub and am considering is it worth taking the risk of waiting till tickets go on sale to the general public before trying to purchase them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

JordanR wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend how long it will take for this event to sell out? Currently don't have Fightclub and am considering is it worth taking the risk of waiting till tickets go on sale to the general public before trying to purchase them?

I would imagine very quickly. From personal experience there were very little to be had for the 2014 event in Dublin and UFC 194 come general sale time as they were all snap up in presales. Now of course both were McGregor events so demand was sky high but if you have your heart set on it just shell out for fightclub. Takes away so much of the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Are we allowed to talk about Fight Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Any chance ticket prices for this won't be too excessive given the time its on?

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Any chance ticket prices for this won't be too excessive given the time its on?

Do they announce prices before the presale or do you just find out when the presale opens?

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Do they announce prices before the presale or do you just find out when the presale opens?

They will generally announce the prices about a week or so out iirc.

was just gonna book flights tomorrow, which is more likely fight pass prelims at 11AM ,Prelims 1AM ,Main card 3AM or FP prelims 9PM ,Prelims 11PM,Main card 1AM?

Pickett v Alcantara added.

I was speculating this morning with a mate of mine. With only four more numbered events this year along with the fox cards, there's a legitimate chance we may see a second title fight added to 204. I would imagine that DJ, Cruz, Alvarez, Woodley, Cormier, Joanna and Nunez will all likely fight again this year? Unless 205 is completely stacked there's limited space for that many title fights.

Also, announce 204 officially already!!!!!

I've seen Joanna mentioned a few times as a possible second title fight but apparently she doesn't want it at 204.

The fact is that everybody wants on 205 in New York, but not everyone can. And with Joanna being a European champion, Manchester makes more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Pickett v Alcantara added.

Prediction. Alacantra drops out and Neil Seery steps in for the rematch .

I was speculating this morning with a mate of mine. With only four more numbered events this year along with the fox cards, there's a legitimate chance we may see a second title fight added to 204. I would imagine that DJ, Cruz, Alvarez, Woodley, Cormier, Joanna and Nunez will all likely fight again this year? Unless 205 is completely stacked there's limited space for that many title fights.

Also, announce 204 officially already!!!!!

Its not gonna be DJ. He dropped out of Weis fight recently with injury and his next fight now will be the TUF winner. I think the only possible option would be JJ against the other polish girl who I'll refer to as KK. They said either NY or in Poland though for their fight, maybe they think they'll have enough Poles living in England to put it on. Alvarez is hoping to get a red panty night. As for rest of the American champs I just can't see them wanting a UK defence of their title.
    califano wrote: »
    Prediction. Alacantra drops out and Neil Seery steps in for the rematch .

Its wrong to wish negativity towards anyone but I hope you're right biggrin.png Their 1st fight was a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Still no official announcement from the UFC. Henderson said on the MMA Hour that he hadn't officially been given a venue yet either

steveydon wrote: »
    Still no official announcement from the UFC. Henderson said on the MMA Hour that he hadn't officially been given a venue yet either

Venue trouble? Is there still a chance this ends up in london