Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'd imagine it's the late finish is probably the sticking point right now. Every chance it could end up in London. Still hoping for Manchester though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I'd imagine it's the late finish is probably the sticking point right now. Every chance it could end up in London. Still hoping for Manchester though.

If the problem is late finishing I don't see why london makes more sense than Manchester

Beersmith wrote:
    If the problem is late finishing I don't see why london makes more sense than Manchester

Maybe I'm being naive but different city different rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Are many people going solo to this?

Mates pulled out so I don't want to miss out. Thinking about just buying a ticket and going along, see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Screenshot from wiki so my advice is read with a fistful of salt at this stage(its no longer there btw)

Alvarez Vs Khabib :eek:

CpgwyT4XEAEWxPd.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Devastator wrote: »
    Screenshot from wiki so my advice is read with a fistful of salt at this stage(its no longer there btw)

Alvarez Vs Khabib :eek:

CpgwyT4XEAEWxPd.jpg:large

That would be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Not a chance imo.

Eddie is trying hard for the McGregor fight.

He is waiting for the winner of the 202 fight, so he can fight them in New York

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Not a chance imo.

Eddie is trying hard for the McGregor fight.

He is waiting for the winner of the 202 fight, so he can fight them in New York

Screw Alvarez, he isn't a draw at all really and he hasn't even defended his belt yet. Feed him to Khabib and Conor v Aldo is what I want.

No way Alvarez gets Conor unless he gives up the 145 belt. No matter the outcome of this upcoming fight if Conor want to keep the 145 belt he will be made fight aldo next, the UFC has to try keep some shred of legitemacy to the belts (whatevers left of it).

Any additional title fight would be sweet IMO
    JR6 wrote: »
    That would be sweet!

The McGregor Vs Alvarez/Aldo/what happens after Diaz/dropping belts/ETC talk are being discussed in other threadS already. Can we please refrain from ruining this thread with it too?

Devastator wrote: »
    Any additional title fight would be sweet IMO

The McGregor Vs Alvarez/Aldo/what happens after Diaz/dropping belts/ETC talk are being discussed in other threadS already. Can we please refrain from ruining this thread with it too?

Yeah I forgot thread i was in when i replied :pac: sorry about that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can anyone answer me this -

There are 7 of us going to this event (hopefully). We purchased 1 fight club membership and will purchase another to ensure we all get tickets.

If we book at the exact same time is there any chance that the 7 of us would be sat together? (booking 4x1 fight club and 3x1 fight club)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Highly unlikely I would imagine, there will be plenty of people trying to book at the same time. The seating map normally comes up after a while but probably be tough to find 7 seats together

Still no official announcement, wonder what the delay is

maximoose wrote: »
    Highly unlikely I would imagine, there will be plenty of people trying to book at the same time. The seating map normally comes up after a while but probably be tough to find 7 seats together

Still no official announcement, wonder what the delay is

Its been a while since I've bought anything from the co.uk website but I've never seen the map on it before. Saying that, for 194 was the 1st time I'd seen the interactive map on any of their sites. I'm hoping to be sorted right n quick and long before the maps available.

No announcement as they've still not confirmed venues/times,etc They never announce anything until the details are set in stone. I don't think a late night card is much of a problem as the MEN done it over 10 years ago for Hatton/Kostya Tszyu. The fact that theres a gig the night before in the arena is potentially causing problems.

The reason alot of people wait for the map is because the ticketmaster system suggests loads of rows directly facing the centre of the octagon (tiers especially) before it will offer seats slightly off centre. It's a risk to wait though.

Last few events I went to at MEN were through Eventim so not sure who will be selling these. For the last London it was AXS (usual O2 seller) AND ticketmaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Eventim are fantastic. I used them for UFC 99 in Cologne. Such a breeze compared to TM.

Last few events I went to at MEN were through Eventim so not sure who will be selling these.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Eventim are fantastic. I used them for UFC 99 in Cologne. Such a breeze compared to TM.

I think you lads are onto something. On the MEN arena website(presuming thats where the event is) eventim is the only ticket seller mentioned. Looks like if you click "get tickets" for any events it brings you to eventim website. I've not used it before but probably good idea to signup before the tickets do go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Still no official announcement. Very weird considering its less than two months away especially for a big American Ppv. Doubt it'll happen on October 8 at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

steveydon wrote: »
    Still no official announcement. Very weird considering its less than two months away especially for a big American Ppv. Doubt it'll happen on October 8 at this point

The UFC have already booked a PPV with that date.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The UFC have already booked a PPV with that date.

That doesn't really mean anything. They also had a PPV booked for February 6th which they changed to a fight night event two weeks out, then McGregor vs RDA/diaz became ufc 196 when it was scheduled to be 197

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Paully D wrote: »

Hopefully its what, when and where we are all expecting. Maybe even a little more.

A wee Gunnar Nelson fight announcement will top it off nicely.

Excellent ,hopefully tickets on sale Wednesday, I imagine there's plenty of people (me included) who's fight club membership is due to run out any day from getting UFC 194 tickets so the sooner they go on sale the better. Gunni v Saffedine or Gastelum would be good too

Does anybody wanna be really sound and buy a spare ticket with their Fight Club? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Excellent ,hopefully tickets on sale Wednesday

Not a chance they will announce the event on Monday and only give 2 days notice til ticket sale starts IMO.

Next week at the earliest I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I hope they go on sale the 30th, payday for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ASOT wrote: »
    I hope they go on sale the 30th, payday for me!

25th for me haha.

Hopefully it will be Manchester as per the rumours and 8th October

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

steveydon wrote:
    That doesn't really mean anything. They also had a PPV booked for February 6th which they changed to a fight night event two weeks out, then McGregor vs RDA/diaz became ufc 196 when it was scheduled to be 197

I think ill be heading on my own, does anyone have a fc mship that I could buy a ticket with? Or failing that does anyone want to jump in with me to buy a fc mship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

They wouldn't have booked a PPV in 2 weeks ago if they knew it wasn't going to be on, and the arena in Manchester could have been booked on all other Saturday's of the month. This was always going to be the date.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/1610292/michael-bisping-v-dan-henderson-confirmed-for-ufc-204-main-event-plus-six-more-bouts-revealed/

Oct 8th, 11pm start, MEN Manchester
    MMichael Bisping v Dan Henderson
    Gegard Mousasi v Vitor Belfort
    Jimi Manuwa v Ovince Saint Preux
    Stefan Struve v Ruslan Magomedov
    Brad Pickett v Iuri Alcantara
    Davey Grant v Damian Stasiak
    Adriano Martins v Leonardo Santos

Tickets on sale Sept 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Tickets for UFC 204 go on sale to UFC Fight Club members from September 7, newsletter subscribers from September 8 and on general sale from September 9. Register your interest for the event at www.ufc.com/manchester

Going to a messy one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My Fight Club runs out on the fcuking 3rd. :mad:

Will probably miss it altogether now since I'm not renewing it and there's no guarantee of a general sale ticket. Bollocks.

martyos121 wrote: »

Will probably miss it altogether now since I'm not renewing it and there's no guarantee of a general sale ticket. Bollocks.

That's definitely not a coincidence. They've chosen that on-sale date to get another years membership out of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's definitely not a coincidence. They've chosen that on-sale date to get another years membership out of people

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the on-sale dates. Well it won't work on me anyway, only way I'll go now is if i can get my hands on a ticket in the newsletter sale as well as flights being cheap to book the same day.

Unbelievably pissed off though, ridiculous how late the ticket sales are for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Couple of big names but not really fights that I'd be excited about... I might just skip this and wait for Belfast/Glasgow in December...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

All perfect so far.

The only slight concern I have is getting back to the airport for the 8am flight. We won't have any bags so should race through the airport but if it goes the distance it'll be a bit of a push I'd imagine? I don't fancy missing the flight being wrecked tired and pissed to be honest. :pac:

Would you not consider renewing and going splits with a few people on the forum?
    Few lads definitely up for splitting a membership.
    martyos121 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Paully D wrote: »
    All perfect so far.

The only slight concern I have is getting back to the airport for the 8am flight. We won't have any bags so should race through the airport but if it goes the distance it'll be a bit of a push I'd imagine? I don't fancy missing the flight being wrecked tired and pissed to be honest. :pac:

Philly how many of you lot going? I'm up for organizing a 12 seater back

but1er wrote: »
    Philly how many of you lot going? I'm up for organizing a 12 seater back

We would need more than that dave there's 11 between you and the lads and me and Glenn etc

Lads, it will end by 6am, that's 2 hours to get to the airport, and you only need 45 minutes to get from the front door to your seat, you won;t be checking bags so you can just scan the ticket on your phone and go straight through to security, if its running tight tell a staff member at the security line your flight is at 8 and they'll let you skip the queue. It's a pretty small airport, so don't be stressing, it's not like Heathrow where it takes an hour to get to the ryanair gates.

Lads, it will end by 6am, that's 2 hours to get to the airport, and you only need 45 minutes to get from the front door to your seat, you won;t be checking bags so you can just scan the ticket on your phone and go straight through to security, if its running tight tell a staff member at the security line your flight is at 8 and they'll let you skip the queue. It's a pretty small airport, so don't be stressing, it's not like Heathrow where it takes an hour to get to the ryanair gates.

Basically this, like I said previous 13 of us were late for our flight and got rushed to security back in June, i doubt it will be as busy as it was then either.

• Advertisement

Sunday morning will be a ghost town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent, delighted it's finally official - even happier tickets go out after payday.

maximoose wrote: »
    Excellent, delighted it's finally official - even happier tickets go out after payday.

Im in the same boat, gives me enough time to get money off all the guys aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any word how many fight club tickets will get you

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

about to book flights,8am would be ideal but a bit worried it will be tight to get back, g=from memory 194 finished at 5 to 6, 200 just before 6 too and those main events were short, unlikely bisping hendo goes 5 rounds i guess.
    Anyone need 2 to fill out a minibus ?

Have the times been confirmed to fit with US tv?

Be good to know soon as if it a normal time for us(as in GMT, not fight fans lol) then a hotel may be needed :(

Devastator wrote:
    Be good to know soon as if it a normal time for us(as in GMT, not fight fans lol) then a hotel may be needed

Pretty sure 3am main card start has been confirmed

Edit: Yep its 3am main card start

http://www.manchester-arena.com/events/ufc-204-bisping-vs-henderson/3674/

Pretty sure 3am main card start has been confirmed

Edit: Yep its 3am main card start

http://www.manchester-arena.com/events/ufc-204-bisping-vs-henderson/3674/

F sake :(

Why? Ah are you not going?

• Advertisement