Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Manchester - Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

theteal wrote: »
    Cheers, you've pretty much said what I told them. They're only flying in Saturday evening so there will be no baggage. Throw in the fact that a quick street view shows a taxi rank right outside the arena/Victoria station and I think they'll have a bit of time to kill in the airport.

Myself, I just have to stroll to Picadilly station and try not to fall asleep before I can get on to the first train.

If the main event goes the distance i seriously doubt the 8am flight will be made. You will have thousands of people leaving the arena with a lot looking for taxi's too. Manchester airport is mental busy i flew home on a Sunday recently and was in security for an hour so just be wary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Cheers, you've pretty much said what I told them. They're only flying in Saturday evening so there will be no baggage. Throw in the fact that a quick street view shows a taxi rank right outside the arena/Victoria station and I think they'll have a bit of time to kill in the airport.

Myself, I just have to stroll to Picadilly station and try not to fall asleep before I can get on to the first train.

If the main event goes the distance i seriously doubt the 8am flight will be made. You will have thousands of people leaving the arena with a lot looking for taxi's too. Manchester airport is mental busy i flew home on a Sunday recently and was in security for an hour so just be wary

Don't be worrying just enjoy it. As soon as the fight is stopped I'll be gone, won't be waiting for interviews or dana putting the belt around hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Lads, just a heads up, tried a dry run there on the ticketmaster.co.uk site to try get tickets for a random event (just to make sure I had full access on my work PC etc), tried to get tickets for some comedy gig, got to the end and it asked where tickets were going to. For Republic of Ireland there was no option to print at home yourself (this is what I ve used for UFC events in vegas in the past), the only option was for registered postage for about 15 sterling. Now maybe that option will be available tomorrow but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UFCfan97

steveydon wrote: »
    Lads, just a heads up, tried a dry run there on the ticketmaster.co.uk site to try get tickets for a random event (just to make sure I had full access on my work PC etc), tried to get tickets for some comedy gig, got to the end and it asked where tickets were going to. For Republic of Ireland there was no option to print at home yourself (this is what I ve used for UFC events in vegas in the past), the only option was for registered postage for about 15 sterling. Now maybe that option will be available tomorrow but I doubt it.

This is the sort of thing that has me confused/worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you click into Delivery Info on the ticketmaster presale page, Box Office collection is there for RoI for £2.50

Getting a little bit more concerned about making that 8am flight now, but think I'll just set myself a latest time to bail out of the arena cuz I do want to get to this. England playing Malta at 5pm, reckon we could have a very boozed up antsy crowd!

UFC have been trying to get away from print-at-home for a while. From UFC 196 in Vegas it wasn't an option, only mobile phone. Hamburg they didn't offer e-ticketing until after people like me complained about the €35 postage fee (Yes, i know!)
    I don't expect print-at-home to be available here either as Manchester Arena usually use Eventim who always seem to be paper tickets.

If its £2.50 for UK postage, I wouldn't expect it to be more than €5-ish for Ireland. Might always be a box office pick-up option too

UFC have been trying to get away from print-at-home for a while. From UFC 196 in Vegas it wasn't an option, only mobile phone. Hamburg they didn't offer e-ticketing until after people like me complained about the 35 postage fee (Yes, i know!)
    I don't expect print-at-home to be available here either as Manchester Arena usually use Eventim who always seem to be paper tickets.

If its 2.50 for UK postage, I wouldn't expect it to be more than 5-ish for Ireland. Might always be a box office pick-up option too

If it was 15 for postage for a comedy gig then I assume it'll be 15 for postage for UFC tickets aswell. As long as there's a box office collection option that'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

It's all very headwrecking

If it was 15 for postage for a comedy gig then I assume it'll be 15 for postage for UFC tickets aswell. As long as there's a box office collection option that'll be grand

Box Office is great as long as everyone wants to go in at the same time.

Quick check of Standard Post price shows this
    2e1d1mw.png

You'd be mad to pay 15 if both are an option. Such a small percentage go missing and if it did they'd cancel and they'll just leave new ones at the box office anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Why not collect tickets at the event? Isn't that an option? Was for me when I was in London anyways...

Yeah I will definitely pick them up at the box office if that's available, will just have to be there a bit earlier as sometimes the que for that can be manic

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dec0512

chaps, any official line on the amount of tickets per membership?

Dec0512 wrote: »
    chaps, any official line on the amount of tickets per membership?

From the website:
    UFC Fight Club Pre-Sale Tickets:

Ultimate and Elite Fight Club members, use your unique pre-sale code to be the first to get ticket access for 18 UFC events total, with a 4 ticket limit per event (unless otherwise noted). Once a pre-sale has been announced, you will find all the relevant information on this page, including your unique pre-sale code. Be sure to check back regularly for pre-sale announcements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

6 presale tickets.

Delivery cost is £2.50 to Ireland, Cost is the same as box office collection.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F005122ACB9A835

Ticket limits

There is a strict limit of eight tickets per person and per card. There is a limit of six tickets per person and per card for all presales.
    Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their order(s) and tickets cancelled without prior notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes: orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone that can buy tickets tomorrow for myself and a friend, obviously pay towards fightclub. P4 or less tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 UFCfan97

I emailed ufc fight club support and this is the response I got.

Pre-sale tickets are sold on the Ticketmaster site corresponding the venue location, not your location. Tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster.co.uk for this event.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Best,
    UFC Fight Club Support Team

I guess this means that even though the tickets are now advertised on the Irish website, you can only avail of the pre sale on the UK site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone wanna pass a code after they use it id happily give a few quid or a few pints understand not sharing before u get sorted yourself, going on Todd so buying fight club a bit too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone wanna pass a code after they use it id happily give a few quid or a few pints understand not sharing before u get sorted yourself, going on Todd so buying fight club a bit too much.

Remind me at 10:07am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Also could be looking for a code tomorrow for two tickets if available, Happy to contribute with a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hopefully buying 3 Priority 1 tickets for me and 2 mates at 10am.
    Will check in here as soon as sorted and willing to share code/buy tickets for watever priority.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Anyone have spare code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.manchester-arena.com/your-visit/buying-tickets/
    Visit our Box Office

General Opening hours (as of Mon 4 Jan 2016):

Mon - Fri: 10.00am – 5.00pm
    Saturdays: 10.00am - 4.00pm
    Sundays/Bank Hols: Closed

On Event Nights:

When there is a performance, the Box Office will remain open until either approx 9.00pm or just before the main act take to the stage

Don't think you'd have too much of a queue if you picked them up as soon as you arrive.

Less hassle queuing = more time drinkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Scratch that. Mate and I are going to wait until we have money to look for tickets..

All a waiting game now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

but1er wrote: »
    All a waiting game now

I'm noticing that there are now separate buttons for "Ticketmaster Pre-sale" and "Eventim Pre-sale" on the Fightclub site.

Any benefits to choosing either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm noticing that there are now separate buttons for "Ticketmaster Pre-sale" and "Eventim Pre-sale" on the Fightclub site.

Any benefits to choosing either?

If there's a choice between the two, Eventim all day long.

The reason being Eventim will give you a seat map, whereas Ticketmaster's "best available" is rarely actually the best available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

With Eventim too you can log in and activate your presale code now and remove a step.

Absolutely hate the ticketmaster site for busy sales.

maximoose wrote: »
    With Eventim too you can log in and activate your presale code now and remove a step.

Absolutely hate the ticketmaster site for busy sales.

I used Eventim for Hamburg and it was flawless. An excellent seat map and no hassle at all. Fingers crossed this will be the same. They charged me an arm and a leg to get the tickets delivered however, but it was through their German site.

Can you add your credit card to eventime before you buy something or do i just do it when i am paying for the tickets?

Can you add your credit card to eventime before you buy something or do i just do it when i am paying for the tickets?

For Hamburg I just did it when purchasing the tickets. It was very smooth.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    For Hamburg I just did it when purchasing the tickets. It was very smooth.

Sweet :D How much did they charge you for ticket delivery last time? there was no print option no?

What price tickets is everyone going for?

Sweet :D How much did they charge you for ticket delivery last time? there was no print option no?

What price tickets is everyone going for?

I think it was something like €30, but it was split between 3 of us so was okay at €10 a pop. But I'm hopeful it won't be as bad as that today. Unsure if there was a print option to be honest, I managed to scoop cageside seats a few rows from the front so was in a panic to get them confirmed before I lost them! :pac:

I'm going for P3's. :)

I think it was something like €30, but it was split between 3 of us so was okay at €10 a pop. But I'm hopeful it won't be as bad as that today. Unsure if there was a print option to be honest, I managed to scoop cageside seats a few rows from the front so was in a panic to get them confirmed before I lost them! :pac:

I'm going for P3's. :)

Im so broke haha, Im going to overdraft to buy these tickets but not sure how big of an over draft ill do :pac:

Lads just leave me aisle seats, I need to go toilet every 5 mins with a few pints haha

Lads just leave me aisle seats, I need to go toilet every 5 mins with a few pints haha

I am supposed to be doing some work and im just here refreshing haha

Two screens one with eventim and one with ticket master.

Sure work can wait

No work will be done until tickets are booked! :P
    20 minutes to go!!!

Are we all going section 115 p3?

Are we all going section 115 p3?

I'd be happy with 115, 114, 113, 102, 103 or 104.

• Advertisement

I'm trying for Priority 1, longshot probably but how often does a huge PPV come to Britain/Ireland.

Failing that I'll go for P2

Im looking at 214 front row that would be a tasty height

Eventim site logged me out due to inactivity. The panic of logging back in even though I know I'm 17 minutes early!

I'm trying for Priority 1, longshot probably but how often does a huge PPV come to Britain/Ireland.

You've a much better chance of getting P1's than any other price range as the demand is far less. You'll easily get them based on past experience. For London I even logged in a few hours after the presale started and picked up P1's.

I'd be happy with 115, 114, 113, 102, 103 or 104.

thats my thinking also haha

I am going to try for 103 though if everyone else is going there.

I'm thinking 103 will be P2. As we're staying P3 I reckon we might be able to feel the swoosh of a H-Bomb from the front-ish region of 101/105

• Advertisement

You've a much better chance of getting P1's than any other price range as the demand is far less. You'll easily get them based on past experience. For London I even logged in a few hours after the presale started and picked up P1's.
    Thanks for that Paully!
    Hoping I'll get up as close as possible.
    Any chance being up too close would be a bad thing? i.e. being lower than the octagon?

10 MINUTES PEOPLE!!!!

I'm thinking 103 will be P2. As we're staying P3 I reckon we might be able to feel the swoosh of a H-Bomb from the front-ish region of 101/105

do you mean either 101 or 105?

Thanks for that Paully!
    Hoping I'll get up as close as possible.
    Any chance being up too close would be a bad thing? i.e. being lower than the octagon?

It certainly can be. You can get a cameraman in your line of vision for large parts of the night too depending on what side of the octagon they are positioned and if a tall person sits directly in front of you, you'll have a sore next by the time the prelims end!

If you're a smaller guy/girl than I think you'd be better off in the stands to be honest. I'm a tall guy and felt sorry for the immediate rows behind me at Hamburg last week. They probably just got to look at the back of my head for most of the night.

It's a great experience being so close to the action though as long as you're prepared for the above.

It certainly can be. You can get a cameraman in your line of vision for large parts of the night too depending on what side of the octagon they are positioned and if a tall person sits directly in front of you, you'll have a sore next by the time the prelims end!

If you're a smaller guy/girl than I think you'd be better off in the stands to be honest. I'm a tall guy and felt sorry for the immediate rows behind me at Hamburg last week. They probably just got to look at the back of my head for most of the night.

It's a great experience being so close to the action though as long as you're prepared for the above.

You didn't feel sorry don't lie

• Advertisement
Advertisement