Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond Goldfish Looking For A New Home

Options
  • 05-08-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Pond Goldfish Looking For A New Home (not strictly an Aquarium topic, I know, but I hope might be of interest to fishy people generally)

The goldfish in my garden pond have reproduced... repeatedly. My pond is now pretty crowded and its becoming a struggle to maintain a healthy ecosystem. So I'm seeking a nice, safe and suitable home for some of my goldfish.
    • I am seeking home(s) for about 20 fish (not necessarily all to the one home)
    • The fish range in size but average around 10 cm long.
    • They range in colour from white through to gold, speckled and black. Most are gold though. If you are willing to adopt I'm asking that you accept whichever fish we manage to net first - I don't want to freak out the fish by rummaging around trying to catch any particular fish.
    • I don't have duckweed, string algae or other invasive nasties in my pond (in case you're worried about contamination - its a pain to get rid of these)
    • It would be great if you can provide evidence where the fish will be going to live e.g. a photo of your happy, healthy pond. (Just for peace of mind that they're going to a good home)

I'm in Kimmage, Dublin 12. PM me if you're interested. Please bring a suitable container for transporting your new fish when you come to collect.

(I previously posted this in the Rehoming thread but have moved it to here to find a more suitable audience)

Advertisement