Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No claims bonus

• 05-08-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

Two years ago I bought a second car so I had to start off without a no claims bonus on that car. Six months later I got rid of the first car and informed the insurance that I should have a full no claims bonus on the second car now a year and a half later they are saying that I've only 2 years no claims bonus and the premium has more than doubled. I checked out citizens information and it said that even if you give up driving for two years you can get your full no claims bonus back. I've informed the insurance about this but they still won't allow it. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Two years ago I bought a second car so I had to start off without a no claims bonus on that car. Six months later I got rid of the first car and informed the insurance that I should have a full no claims bonus on the second car now a year and a half later they are saying that I've only 2 years no claims bonus and the premium has more than doubled. I checked out citizens information and it said that even if you give up driving for two years you can get your full no claims bonus back. I've informed the insurance about this but they still won't allow it. Any ideas how to resolve it?

You only have 2 years on the current policy number but should have the full point on scale ie 50% NCB.

What does your letter of NCB say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You only have 2 years on the current policy number but should have the full point on scale ie 50% NCB.

What does your letter of NCB say?
    20%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Did you not get them to transfer your bonus from the first car onto the second car when you cancelled the first policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did you not get them to transfer your bonus from the first car onto the second car when you cancelled the first policy?
    Yes I informed them and they said they would.

Advertisement