Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Veloflex on carbon rims

Options
  • 05-08-2016 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking for some advice!

I've been using GP4000 now for years and I was going to try something new, I was all set to to pull the trigger on the veloflex tyres and just found out there not suitable for carbon rims, I'm wondering if this is more so for descending down the Alps that the rims would over heat as not much chance of over heating here in Ireland, I have seen others using them on carbon rims but just wondering what the feedback is from others that has used them, any feedback back would be appreciated

Cheers zip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Wasn't aware of any issue using veloflex tyres and carbon rims.

I have been using Veloflex on campag hyperon carbon rims for the last two years and have never had any issue with them. I use normal butyl tubes though as I understsnd there is an issue using latex tubes with carbon rims.

The only think I didn't like with veloflex is that they measure up smaller than other tyres such as vittoria or michelin. I bought a few sets of 23s and they are very narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

The Veloflex box does say 'not for use with carbon rims'.

Just FYI.

Advertisement