Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Software Courses?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I've had a quick google for this but no joy. Does anyone know any good companies that provide in house software engineering/development courses?

Ideally they'd provide someone who would travel out to our place of business to teach on intermediate to advanced software topics.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Hi, I've had a quick google for this but no joy. Does anyone know any good companies that provide in house software engineering/development courses?

Ideally they'd provide someone who would travel out to our place of business to teach on intermediate to advanced software topics.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I'm going to assume by "in house" you really meant "onsite".

It's not very common for US or German style onsite training in Ireland because of how it's treated by tax here. Unless it results in a recognised FETAC or HETAC approved award, Revenue can get arsey.

If however budget is not an issue, I can certainly hook you up with advanced C++ trainers if C++ training is what you need (PM me). If it isn't, specifying exactly what you need training in, and using a more descriptive post title so the right people see it would be helpful.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hi All,

Can you please refrain for asking for PMs in thread? It's against the charter.

Thanks,
    E.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can you please refrain for asking for PMs in thread? It's against the charter.

Thanks,
    E.P.

Unfortunately I was in a quandary:
    Asking users to pm you is not allowed. This is so anybody who has a similar problem in the future can view the solution suggested.

but:
    6. Please refrain from naming other users or the companies they work for.
    7. Do not post the Personal Identifiable Information of any person who isn't you.
    2. Asking people, on the forum threads, to contact you or somebody you know about work is a bannable offence. Use the private messaging system. Yes I know this seems a little draconian and there's nothing wrong with a little networking - consider it to be a little dutch boy system: Plugging up this one little crack prevents us all from getting drowned.
    ... and many more along the same vein ...

Firstly the professional trainers in C++ that I know who come onsite to companies are individuals whose details I would have to share publicly. I don't want to do that without first asking for permission. Secondly, I didn't want to be shilling the services of somebody I know publicly as it is a conflict of interest. Thirdly, by PMing me it means they are actually interested and that would mean I'd set up an email introduction between the OP and the professional onsite C++ trainers I know so they can sort out something between themselves.

Did I make the wrong call here?

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Asking people, on the forum threads, to contact you or somebody you know about work is a bannable offence. Use the private messaging system.

The answer to your quandary, send a private message with the details.
    ... and many more along the same vein ...
    So please follow to the charter.

Advertisement