Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We have improved your eir bundle"

Options
  • 05-08-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Got your letter today -
    1. Price gone up by €7 per month, making €67 per month.
    2. Discount of €2 for paying by DD, but I already pay by DD so is that a net €5 making €65 per month?
    3. I can have Free eir Sport for the €7 per month - having difficulty squaring that!

4. I can have the same package with Vodafone for €55 per month after introductory offer.
    5. I can have a better package from Virgin for €60 per month after introductory offer.

After 37 years why would I stay as a customer??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They have to find a way of paying for the sports channel and they think we are the obvious source. Big mistake. Let us pay if we want it and not force us to pay for something  we don't want. They are going to lose many customers over this, based on what people are saying to me - and they are all long time customers of eir/eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

How do you go about cancelling Eir ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Phoned them on Friday and checked that call was being recorded, noted time and name of person I was speaking to, gave them the 30 days notice, they said they needed to have the name of my new supplier, I said not according to their letter - quote "simply give us a call".  Said I would ring back with my new supplier - probably Vodafone. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

BowWow wrote: »
    Phoned them on Friday and checked that call was being recorded, noted time and name of person i was speaking to, gave them 30 days notice, they said I needed to have name of my new supplier, I said not according to their letter - quote "simply give us a call".  Said I would ring back with my new supplier - probably Vodafone. 
    Wow. That doesn't sound right. You shouldn't have to tell them anything. None of their business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

BowWow wrote: »
    Got your letter today -
    1. Price gone up by €7 per month, making €67 per month.
    2. Discount of €2 for paying by DD, but I already pay by DD so is that a net €5 making €65 per month?
    3. I can have Free eir Sport for the €7 per month - having difficulty squaring that!

4. I can have the same package with Vodafone for €55 per month after introductory offer.
    5. I can have a better package from Virgin for €60 per month after introductory offer.

After 37 years why would I stay as a customer??

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]BowWow,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting our loyalty team to explore your options on 1800307183. This team can also arrange cancellation for you if you wish. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The 'loyalty ' will offer €5 discount for six months. Still means an increase and a service we don't want. Loyalty in the proper sense would leave our old plans in place without the sports, if that's  what we want and need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

if you push loyalty they can give a €90 cr which is a €5 discount pm over 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

kooga wrote: »
    if you push loyalty they can give a €90 cr which is a €5 discount pm over 18 months
    Ok, at this stage I have my current price "frozen" for 12 months and then up by a fiver for last 6 months on a new 18 month contract.  Also have an hours calls to Irish mobiles per month - I had a half hour on last package.  Basically 9 hours calls to mobile for €30 over 18 months.  Customer service agent is very busy with these calls at the moment - whoever thought up the free sport offer for €7 per month is not popular in eir...

Are these letters still being sent out? I'm expecting one but haven't got one yet.

Advertisement