Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't engineers call to confirm appointment time

Options
  • 05-08-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi, I called at 11:04 today about my schedule window I think it's 9 - 12 today for check of cabling in my house. I was told the engineer is on his way since 10:52. 
    I had previously asked that the engineer call me when he was about to go to my house. I then went home to try to catch the engineer. No engineer or van to be seen. I duly called again and was told he's not at your - he may go to your house so wait. They think he's in the exchange.

Why am I sitting here waiting, why can't the engineers pick up the phone?
    meantime my broadband is unstable for a weeks now, and fault reported more than a week.
    I reported the fault online, but when I called for an update a day or two later they had no record.
    No idea what happened there.

Thanks for any advice and please feedback about speaking to customers to arrange meeting times.
    I unfortunately have to work and unfortunately have few opportunities to work from home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, I called at 11:04 today about my schedule window I think it's 9 - 12 today for check of cabling in my house. I was told the engineer is on his way since 10:52. 
    I had previously asked that the engineer call me when he was about to go to my house. I then went home to try to catch the engineer. No engineer or van to be seen. I duly called again and was told he's not at your - he may go to your house so wait. They think he's in the exchange.

Why am I sitting here waiting, why can't the engineers pick up the phone?
    meantime my broadband is unstable for a weeks now, and fault reported more than a week.
    I reported the fault online, but when I called for an update a day or two later they had no record.
    No idea what happened there.

Thanks for any advice and please feedback about speaking to customers to arrange meeting times.
    I unfortunately have to work and unfortunately have few opportunities to work from home.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tea drinker,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you have a fault on your line. Once a fault is reported our faults team will work to resolve this remotely. If this cannot be done a technician will be assigned to your fault. Usually they will attend the exchange/cabinet to rule out any issues from there. They will then attend your home if needed however they will be in contact with you to advise. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement