Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Card Security alert, replied, was told to call and when I called was told to wait

Options
  • 05-08-2016 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I got a card security text message on my phone at around 9pm on Wednesday night, asking me to confirm some transactions on my debit card. I replied with the requested "NO" to say they were not my transactions. I received an email around the same time with the same message, which I also replied to.

I received a subsequent text message asking me to urgently contact the debit card security number, which I did yesterday morning. Once I got through, there was just a voicemail saying that there was a high number of calls and that if I had responded to the text or email, I didn't need to stay on the line, and that someone would call me. 

It's been over 24 hours and no-one has called from the bank, nor have I had any missed calls or voicemails to say that someone had tried to call. No ATM is accepting my card, so I need this resolved ASAP. How long is someone expected to wait when this sort of thing happens? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I got a card security text message on my phone at around 9pm on Wednesday night, asking me to confirm some transactions on my debit card. I replied with the requested "NO" to say they were not my transactions. I received an email around the same time with the same message, which I also replied to.

I received a subsequent text message asking me to urgently contact the debit card security number, which I did yesterday morning. Once I got through, there was just a voicemail saying that there was a high number of calls and that if I had responded to the text or email, I didn't need to stay on the line, and that someone would call me. 

It's been over 24 hours and no-one has called from the bank, nor have I had any missed calls or voicemails to say that someone had tried to call. No ATM is accepting my card, so I need this resolved ASAP. How long is someone expected to wait when this sort of thing happens? 
    Hi heavydawson,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear this.

We’d be happy to arrange a call back from our Fraud team here. If you can please send a private message including your full name, contact number and the branch you hold your account with we’ll arrange a call to you.

Thank you,

Tara C

Advertisement