Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best single oven ?

• 05-08-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

"WHICH" magazine is no longer available in Easons Cork , I am hoping that somebody out there can advise which is the best single electric oven to buy, please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

An Aga is your only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Do you want a bun in it?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Learning101

Do you want a bun in it?

Waste of space....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Assuming its an electric oven you are referring to its hard to find better than Siemens, when you look at any oven in your local retailers shop you should notice the difference in the quality of the Siemens even when you pull the door open, also further down the line should you require a spare part its easy to obtain

Assuming its an electric oven you are referring to its hard to find better than Siemens, when you look at any ovenï in your local retailers shop you should notice the difference in the quality of the Siemens even when you pull the door open, also further down the line should you require a spare part its easy to obtain

Appreciate that, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Belling was recommended to me but from my experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

parkerpen wrote: »

Thank you. .

Thank you
    parkerpen wrote: »

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've had 8 great years (and counting) with my Electrolux single oven with catalytic liners. Not sure if the newer variants are as reliable, but I'd hope so.

I'd strongly recommend you go and look at some in a store, and see how well you think they're built and their features.

I'd not consider Belling to be the best oven. Probably similar to the likes of Indesit, Candy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Meredith2016

I have just purchased two new siemens ovens from the 2016 studioline range ( home connect). One is a combi oven with microwave & the other is a single oven with facility to steam veg etc. I initially went to the kitchen showroom with intention of buying neff ovens,but was advised by the lady to go with Siemens instead. As another poster has mentioned, the quality of the siemens ovens are great,doors sturdy etc& they look great too. The retailer sells multiple brands so I trusted their recommendations. I haven't yet had the appliances installed ( kitchen being manufactured at the minute) but I'm delighted with my choices. Your best bet is to go & have a look at a few. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The retailer sells multiple brands so I trusted their recommendations.

That's an incredibly naive statement. Sales people in electrical showrooms recommend the brands & models from which they get the most commission. The notion that they have your best interests at heart is laughable.

If you walk in (as you did) and ask about a specific brand, it tells them that you've probably checked the prices online and you know how much a specific make and model will cost. The classic sales tactic then is to convince you to switch brands at which point you have no idea if the price on offer for the new brand is competitive or not and they can then get away with a higher price than their competition.

All the product and pricing research you do in advance is out the window once they get you to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Meredith2016

No need for derogatory remarks. I had researched Siemens also- the ovens were what I considered to be outside of my price range,but given I also needed two additional appliances,I received a considerable discount. The reviews of the products I purchased are excellent ( from multiple online sites)& I am happy with my decisions.
    OP- best of luck with the oven shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

Those recommended by the magazine issue of July 2016 are from John Lewis in the UK (expensive to ship unless available in the North) but deemed to be the best on test. With the best value being Samsung NV75J2140BS @ £299, but remember that is the £sterling price. I'm currently investigating for one for myself but I'm leaning towards the Bosch Series 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Anyone know anything about Bauknecht? There's a single oven in the size I want and a combi oven/microwave with pyro cleaning at a price I was hoping to pay.

Advertisement