Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concord (phonewatch) alarm & Home automation

Options
  • 05-08-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am interested in ways of integrating a Concord alarm into a home automation system. I have looked at options for the Superbus interface but not sure if the Phonewatch alarm is compatible, I also think that my alarm is maxed in terms of sensors/zones etc so not sure if it would support the addition of the Superbus module even if it should work.

One option I would like to investigate is interfacing with the external bell, if the bell rings then trigger the home automation for lights, text, cameras etc.

Does anyone know what signal or voltage the external bell receives, I was thinking of tapping either the feed to the external alarm box or the actual bell itself ?

Any help or other ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

maguireg wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in ways of integrating a Concord alarm into a home automation system. I have looked at options for the Superbus interface but not sure if the Phonewatch alarm is compatible, I also think that my alarm is maxed in terms of sensors/zones etc so not sure if it would support the addition of the Superbus module even if it should work.

One option I would like to investigate is interfacing with the external bell, if the bell rings then trigger the home automation for lights, text, cameras etc.

Does anyone know what signal or voltage the external bell receives, I was thinking of tapping either the feed to the external alarm box or the actual bell itself ?

Any help or other ideas would be appreciated.

Are you using your x10 lighting facility on the Concord. That will take care of you home lighting automation. You can set up a list of schedules that will turn your lights on/off at predefined times and give your house a lived in look and of course you can control them via your landline phone.

Outside of that you can Google a company called Eldes. They've a number of distributors in Ireland. Some of their add on cards may help but with the lack of a serial output on the Concord you're very limited via home automation.

If you search my previous post on Phonewatch Concord I did a lot of work on the Concord which may be of help to you.

Advertisement