Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are Twisted Fúcking Sister

• 05-08-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

anyone seen this docu-movie ?

it's available on netflix - absolute quality

they went years without a record deal whilst selling out 3/5,000 venues every week

I've never been a huge fan myself but they are a great rock n'roll story

some great personalities involved too - check it out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

same here, never a fan but its a very watchable documentry.+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's good, but at 2 and a quarter hours it's way too long.
    It ends just when they're on the verge of making it big.
    I would have preferred less of the early days and more of what happened when they found success.
    Where did it go wrong, why did they fall out and split up?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

furiousox wrote: »
    It's good, but at 2 and a quarter hours it's way too long.
    It ends just when they're on the verge of making it big.
    I would have preferred less of the early days and more of what happened when they found success.
    Where did it go wrong, why did they fall out and split up?

Yeah would have liked to have seen when they made it big etc.
    guess that will be in part 2 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They were truly excellent live back in the day, would love to see them again before they call it quits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blastman wrote: »
    They were truly excellent live back in the day, would love to see them again before they call it quits.

It appears that ship has sailed sadly, they played their last ever UK show at Bloodstock on Friday night so doubt they'd come here and not to the UK, only chance we had was of DME getting them around this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah saw it and while I enjoyed it, felt it was a bit of cash in on the much better "The Story Of Anvil".

We all loved Twisted Sister back in the day and I think their struggle to find success was overplayed. We all had Under The Blade, got the album in Dublin no problem. Most people on the rock scene the. Knew who they were.

Anyway saw them in Dalymount in 83 and they were brilliant live. Ironically Anvil were on the bill too(and were also great).

When they did get bigger the whole MTV thing was huge and I think they got hold of them and turned them into a novelty act. The songs suffered greatly and they became like a disposable pop band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Full bloodstock show on youtube, pro-shot.

CPL 593H

Advertisement