Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touting for business

Options
  • 05-08-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

What the position on touting for custom on boards? I've seen this in a thread. Is it allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

This is gas, does anyone answer these questions at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please report the post so a moderator can investigate and action it if required.

dudara wrote: »
    Please report the post so a moderator can investigate and action it if required.
    I tried to, but was returned a mouthful of abuse.

This morning I wake up to the same mod asking what touting is.

Touting-posters advertising thier personal business to and gain money. Drum up business so they can profit.

I have searched the Reported Posts, and I have found 8 posts reported by you. However none of them relate to alleged touting.

I was asking the mod if touting was allowed or not. Same question as here. I wanted clarification first if it was allowed before reporting it. No point in reporting it, if it's allowed.

The reported ones you can see was about people continously dragging the thread off topic and getting digs in even after moderators on thread warning. Hence my other question in help section about thread titles. keeping a thread on topic is trying to dictate discussion, according to that other mod. Maybe you could clarify this too for me here?

• Advertisement

In general, the Terms of Use of Boards do not allow a personal account to be used for commercial purposes. However in some forums, there may be exceptions. The best thing to do is to Report the post so a moderator can investigate.

dudara wrote: »
    In general, the Terms of Use of Boards do not allow a personal account to be used for commercial purposes. However in some forums, there may be exceptions. The best thing to do is to Report the post so a moderator can investigate.
    Ok.

I edited another bit to my question,I think at the same time you were replying.

I reported it there for your investigation.

Regarding your reported post, I'll let the forum mods look into that, as they know their forum best. Thank you for reporting it and following the process.

Regarding your added topic, that is already being addressed via your Help Desk thread, so no need to bring it up here again.

Ok. So it seems your not going to answer the second part of my query.

If a thread is "how much did x cost you"

And the posters reply with,

A friend of a friend told me <something made up unrelated> cost me y. Thread gets dragged off about y.

Is asking for the thread, which as I explained to the moderator could be really helpful for people planning budgets, to be kept on topic, not appropiate?

There is a "new thread" button there and any posters are free to start a thread about y.

• Advertisement

As I said, you have another thread already open for that topic. No point in discussing it in two threads.

I'm going to mark this thread as resolved as your original query here has been answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement