Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel depot opening times

Options
  • 05-08-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I received a package to the Galway Depot for parcel motel.
    My understanding is that i can collect 24/7 any time in the next 2 working days.

I received this message from them:-

"
    Nightline Galway Depot, Block B, Galway Business Park, Deerpark Industrial Estate, Oranmore, Galway. Open Open 8:30am to 7:30pm Mon-Fri & 9am to 11:30am Sat.
    "

Is this depot open 24/7 or is there restricted times?
    Is my two working days all of today and all Monday?

I have sent this request directly to them also but they takle 1 day tio respond.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Did you specify in Parcel Motel a pick up location? If not, or if your package is too big to fit in their lockers, it may have to be collected in their depot. Call them and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ForestFire

dilallio wrote: »
    Did you specify in Parcel Motel a pick up location? If not, or if your package is too big to fit in their lockers, it may have to be collected in their depot. Call them and find out.

I specified the galway depot and received a pin to pick up parcel. I just rang nightline direct as there is no number for parcel motel. They said no collection lockers there, that I have to enter phone and pin number into tablet and they give parcel.

I will recheck website but there was no mention of restricted times when I selected this location.

Not very happy as I have to travel 40mins and was planning to collect late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fyi, Parcel Motel and Nightline are the same thing: Parcel Motel is just one of their brands/products.

If you want 24x7 pickup, you need to choose a non-depot location.

fyi, Parcel Motel and Nightline are the same thing: Parcel Motel is just one of their brands/products.

If you want 24x7 pickup, you need to choose a non-depot location.

While there are part of the same company they operate somewhat independently. The nightline staff could not give me any details of my parcel motel info just that I could collect from there if I have mobile number and pin.

Also parcel motel have no direct phone contact in their website.

And finally there is no indication when you select a depot location that there is no locker collection point there and there is restricted collection times.

These things should be made clear...

This is what they actually say

"
    Shop online anywhere in the world then collect your purchases at a Parcel Motel near you, at a time that suits you. Parcel Motel is ideal for your busy lifestyle. Never miss a delivery again. When you’re ready, we’re open.

Our collection points are located in convenient places with 24/7 access, which means no more waiting around or missed delivery notices telling you to pick up your parcel during working hours."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

I just picked up a package from parcel motel in nightline on Wednesday evening...call to reception and it's quite straightforward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

service is brilliant and even better to avail of the free uk shipping when you send to the Northern Ireland address.

OP you should familiarize with the support page when signing up for any services before handing money towards it.
    for parcel motel check here https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

cba? here is a short video they made:

Laviski wrote: »
    service is brilliant and even better to avail of the free uk shipping when you send to the Northern Ireland address.

OP you should familiarize with the support page when signing up for any services before handing money towards it.
    for parcel motel check here https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

cba? here is a short video they made:

Thanks for the advice and I already did that, but please show me where it's say anything about the location I selected having restricted times, that is not buried in some terms conditions or hidden in support page.

As I quoted from there website and there main sales pitch above they fully promote 24 7 pickup for their locations.

I not saying it's not a useful service and I have saved quite a bit on UK sale items but that dose not mean that they are perfect and they can't improve, a simple pop up with opening times when location selected would avoid this.

It's just an inconvenience now to collect, but not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

they do
    if its within the size and weight restrictions outlined you can pick it up 24/7 as the locations you have designated as your pick up point.

if you have not set a point or breaches the restrictions the details of the depot can be found here
    https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203493582-Depot-Opening-Times-for-Parcel-Motel-Oversize-Collections

Laviski wrote: »
    they do
    if its within the size and weight restrictions outlined you can pick it up 24/7 as the locations you have designated as your pick up point.

if you have not set a point or breaches the restrictions the details of the depot can be found here
    https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203493582-Depot-Opening-Times-for-Parcel-Motel-Oversize-Collections

My parcel is not oversize or weight. I selected this location myself from their map of pickup locations

So this is not relevant to my issue

The map should warn you if the location selected is not 24 7, otherwise how am I supposed to know. In fact their own depot should be an ideal location for their locker pick up as it's easy to move parcels from depot to locker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Maybe they do have a parcel motel locker at their location now? They could be confused when you called them, because most people only use the depot for oversize parcels. Because I know previously the depot could not be selected as a drop location on the map.

The last time I had an oversize one they did not have a locker at their depot at Deerpark, Oranmore, but they had just moved there from another location in the estate, they were still setting up. It's several years ago. Maybe someone else knows?

It's strange (and a bit worrying) that they have dropped phone support. They did have it before, I called them several times (their number was 1890241717, I still have it in my phone, you could try it on Monday on the off chance it still works). They even had a representative right here on boards (Parcel Motel: Orla) but unfortunately that option is gone now too. Feels like a drop in support tbh, I'm not very happy with that. I've spent several hundreds on them over the years and phone support is something I would expect of a reasonable company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've had calls from them before (late last year IIRC) on this number: +447797990997. I think thats a UK mobile number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hello All,

I received a package to the Galway Depot for parcel motel.
    My understanding is that i can collect 24/7 any time in the next 2 working days.

I received this message from them:-

"
    Nightline Galway Depot, Block B, Galway Business Park, Deerpark Industrial Estate, Oranmore, Galway. Open Open 8:30am to 7:30pm Mon-Fri & 9am to 11:30am Sat.
    "

Is this depot open 24/7 or is there restricted times?
    Is my two working days all of today and all Monday?

I have sent this request directly to them also but they takle 1 day tio respond.

Thanks

You can collect from a locker/bin location 24 hours a day. As in the banks of lockers you will see at some petrol stations for example. They are un-manned and all you need is your phone number and the pin number they sent you and the locker door will open automatically.

If you are collecting from their own depot then obviously it will only during their opening hours (quoted above) as you will need to speak to an actual person. Its the exact same deal, give them your phone number and then enter your pin number. The guy at the counter will go out the back, get your parcel and off you go. You don't need to collect the parcel in person, just give the numbers to a friend and let them do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

So I had to collect my parcel early Saturday morning as I had no feedback from parcel motel support about collection times and duration (online as no phone contact available)

There are no lockers at the Galway depot location. To say this is obvious is ridiculous. There selection map of pickup-up locations all look exactly the same (ICON) and at no point do they warn you of restricted times, everything is promoted at 24 7 at a location convenient to you. As I said before why can't I depot have lockers? How am I to know?

This is the location I selected from their pickup map and my parcel was not oversize or overweight.

A simple info box or warning when selecting location to restricted times could prevent this. An operational support would be good.

None of the registration emails mention the opening times of the location I selected. Even when parcel arrived in Dublin the email said it would arrive at my MOTEL soon for collection and still no mention of restricted times.

The response I got from support after collecting parcel and 30 mins before depot closing was

"The motels are 24/7 with a 48 hour stay, however the depot collections are different.
    I can see you have since collected this parcel."

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

Bit late now but Parcel Motel do have their own phone line (01) 8835442.

Might be useful for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Yeah it sounds like they're getting a bit complacent in the customer service area. Maybe their business is doing too well. I see the motels being used a lot anyway.

Bad idea to let it slide though, because with the Brexit it's all going to change (moving goods across the border tax-free is going to be a challenge)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can ask questions on their Twitter
    https://twitter.com/ParcelMotel

or Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/ParcelMotel/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Patww79 wrote: »

That's not my experience. I use parcel motel regularly and if I have to contact them I always get a quick response to Facebook messages and queries to support@parcelmotel.com always get a response within 24hrs, even on Saturdays!

• Advertisement

Probably too late, but Parcel Motel are frequently active in their thread over on the Online Buying & Auction forum.

Advertisement