Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware Image for the F2000 / Huawei HG659b

Options
  • 05-08-2016 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not a customer but I recently purchased one of your F2000 modems as they're a fairly decent piece of kit

However, the last owner had flashed a non-eir firmware onto it. As I would prefer it to be running eir's firmware, I took a look at the downloads section of your website but you don't have a .bin firmware file for the F2000 up there

Can you post a link to where I can download the current firmware or can you get it posted up onto the eir downloads portal. I believe the current firmware version is "V100R001C59B019"

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

I think the current F2000 firmware is V100R001C59B023.

It would be nice if the current F1000 firmware could also be put up on that site as it is reliable with dual-stack IPv4+IPv6. The F1000 firmware that is there is not the newest eir software. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

I think you may be correct re. the newer "B023" firmware for the F2000. I took no more than a quick look and figured "B019" was the latest

As for the F1000, you can unlock this and flash the much newer firmware from Zyxel onto it. Eir are well behind on their firmware for the F1000... there's been a whole load of bug fixes and improvements released by Zyxel since then

A poster here has covered it in depth: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057302483

If you find unlocking it a bit intense, another poster modified Zyxel firmware v10C0 so it can be flashed straight through the GUI of an eir branded unit: https://mega.nz/#!mpBH2Ry...

NOTE: Unlocking or un-branding the F1000 will mean eir support can no longer access it remotely... which they don't like. That said, you don't have to tell them it's unlocked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

sennah wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm not a customer but I recently purchased one of your F2000 modems as they're a fairly decent piece of kit

However, the last owner had flashed a non-eir firmware onto it. As I would prefer it to be running eir's firmware, I took a look at the downloads section of your website but you don't have a .bin firmware file for the F2000 up there

Can you post a link to where I can download the current firmware or can you get it posted up onto the eir downloads portal. I believe the current firmware version is "V100R001C59B019"

Cheers
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi  sennah,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you advise where you purchased the F2000?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Huawei would make their own version of the F2000 that would look identical externally but would have a different layout for the interface. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Huawei provide eir with a version of their modem with our interface details.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will look into this about the firmware and get back to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela  [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Huawei would make their own version of the F2000 that would look identical externally but would have a different layout for the interface. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Huawei provide eir with a version of their modem with our interface details.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will look into this about the firmware and get back to you.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

I purchased it second-hand in Ireland. It has the eir logo on the front so it's definitely on of yours

The seller did inform me that they had flashed the Huawei firmware onto it as it was eir firmware on it originally. However, I would prefer to flash the latest eir firmware back onto it

Hi Pamela,

I purchased it second-hand in Ireland. It has the eir logo on the front so it's definitely on of yours

The seller did inform me that they had flashed the Huawei firmware onto it as it was eir firmware on it originally. However, I would prefer to flash the latest eir firmware back onto it
    No problem sennah,
    I am still following this up with the technical support team, as soon as they come back to me I will update you.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

No problem sennah,
    I am still following this up with the technical support team, as soon as they come back to me I will update you.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Any update? Surely someone on the team has the firmware images to hand

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

No problem sennah,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

This +1!!!

I had trouble with this and in desperation I even tried flashing a non-Eir firmware on my router. Since it didn't solve my issues I would like to revert to Eirs firmware again.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No problem sennah,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

They'd use a CPE management solution so wouldnt necessarily need the files on a regular bases as its a one click job to update from a management console.

ED E wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

They'd use a CPE management solution so wouldnt necessarily need the files on a regular bases as its a one click job to update from a management console.

I get that but even then, someone in eir HQ must have the firmware image. How fragmented can an organisation be that the support team can't stab a guess at what department might have the firmware image to hand! They should be able to figure this out over an email or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Any update on the 'factory' Eir F2000 router/modem image?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

I get that but even then, someone in eir HQ must have the firmware image. How fragmented can an organisation be that the support team can't stab a guess at what department might have the firmware image to hand! They should be able to figure this out over an email or two
    Hi  sennah,

Can you PM me your name & account number & a member of the technical team will check this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Sennah, 
    eir will not post up their Firmware for non-eir customers. Their Firmware will require  the modem to call in to their mangement servers for maintenance updates etc. If you are not an eir customer they will not allow you to connect to their servers.
    If you are an eir customer as far as i know your modem would receive the updates automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Sennah, 
    eir will not post up their Firmware for non-eir customers. Their Firmware will require  the modem to call in to their mangement servers for maintenance updates etc. If you are not an eir customer they will not allow you to connect to their servers.
    If you are an eir customer as far as i know your modem would receive the updates automatically.
    It's not automatic! This is eir we are talking about.
    I requested an update but as I was having difficulties with the modem thy wanted to hold off pushing it to me.
    Must call them again.
    Why is everything so difficult?

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Sennah, 
    It's not automatic! This is eir we are talking about.
    I requested an update but as I was having difficulties with the modem thy wanted to hold off pushing it to me.
    Must call them again.
    Why is everything so difficult?
    Hi Xzavier Salmon Tile,

The modem should update automatically. Feel free to PM me your account details & I'll get a member of the technicial team to check this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement