Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redundancy ?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I've tried to google my issue and can't seem to find anything probably because it could be two issues in one.

my current employment is ending and i was given notice of this and that the company basically went belly up and no money in the coffers so my six years of employed i would get no redundancy , i would have to apply to the state for something.

now in the mean time a new company has stepped in and decided to take the debts more or less and give me a job with them but i dont stat for two weeks
    unpaid vacation as it were.

my question is what happens to my six years work as regards time served
    is it carried forward or do i seek some kind or redundancy for my time ?

thanks guys and gals

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

lurkballs wrote: »
    I've tried to google my issue and can't seem to find anything probably because it could be two issues in one.

my current employment is ending and i was given notice of this and that the company basically went belly up and no money in the coffers so my six years of employed i would get no redundancy , i would have to apply to the state for something.

now in the mean time a new company has stepped in and decided to take the debts more or less and give me a job with them but i dont stat for two weeks
    unpaid vacation as it were.

my question is what happens to my six years work as regards time served
    is it carried forward or do i seek some kind or redundancy for my time ?

thanks guys and gals

It sounds like it's unlikely you'll get anything from the state in this scenario as the company has been taken over as a going concern.

You are in essence being laid off for 2 weeks. Its not uncommon for some form of compensation to be given in this scenario but that's really at the discretion of the company.

Employee's potential redundancy payments are bottom of the pile when a company goes bust. Other creditors take priority unfortunately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Google tupe Ireland should give you some info

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BelleOfTheBall

Check with NERA

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lurkballs

seems like I've lost out monetarily by getting "re-hired" and lose my long standing service?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

seems like I've lost out monetarily by getting "re-hired" and lose my long standing service?

Did you check out tupe? How are you losing in your opinion?

• Advertisement

like being made redundant comes with something for your years of service.

it's like starting all over again in same job but starting from zero no ?

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you check out tupe? How are you losing in your opinion?

currently reading through some stuff
    it's very hard to follow unless you had some expertise.

like being made redundant comes with something for your years of service.

it's like starting all over again in same job but starting from zero no ?

If you are covered under tupe regulations you retain your years of service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Not an expert, but the way I see it your either continuing in service, with 6yrs and the same package (bar pension which can change) or second your redundant and loose your 6yr service and your new package can be vastly different, but you should get statutory redundancy?
    Ask your employer which is it?

Gerry T wrote: »
    Not an expert, but the way I see it your either continuing in service, with 6yrs and the same package (bar pension which can change) or second your redundant and loose your 6yr service and your new package can be vastly different, but you should get statutory redundancy?
    Ask your employer which is it?

maybe the new company takes on my services hopefully they do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement