Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows embedded on a virtual machine

• 05-08-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Motorola MC67 handheld scanner. On that I run a program for scanning inventory and getting signatures. I have the install program for the inventory package in a folder on the handheld.

I'm wondering could I use virtual box to run windows embedded, install my inventory package with the final goal of ditching my handheld and using my windows tablet?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Licensing for the the Embedded version of Windows is non-trivial, so you're already into tricky territory there.

On top of this, you might run into issues with VirtualBox (or any other hypervisor) passing through devices like camera and touchscreen to your application in a reliable fashion - it might work, it might not, there's no easy way to tell unless the original software developer has published something about it.

Advertisement