Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Warning

• 05-08-2016 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Any time Ive gotten an warning Ive deserved it and dont believe Ive ever started a DRP thread however I received one last Saturday that I feel was unfair.

The offending post has been deleted however I will post the PM exchange I had with Thanx 4 the fish below and I will highlight the post.
    Dear Saul T Nutzz,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

Accusations of duplicate accounts are in breach of the charter.

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saul T Nutzz viewpost.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by astradave viewpost.gif
    ARE YOU WATCHING BANGKOK The Talking Breadkok

FYP.
    First reply by me.
    Hiya.

Over the last couple of days there has just been a bit of craic from a number of posters in the thread re bangkok and TTB, everyone knows they aren't the same person, it was just harmless messing.

There was a mod warning after my post in the thread so I feel its unfair to apply a card to a post that was made before the warning was given.

I'd like it rescinded please.

Reply from T4TF
    There was a post to warn as a number of posters who did not believe it was harmless messing reported the ongoing charter breaches. You are aware of the rules as you agreed to them and accusing a member of being another poster is a clear breach of the charter. Why do you feel that your breach did not deserve a warning?
    Second reply from me.
    It wasn't an accusation when taken in the full context of the last few days, there was no malice in it or in any of the previous posts by others either.

I know Bangkok and TTB are two different people, as does everyone that posts there.

There was a bit of "banter" over the last few days, it has been more of a "OMG BANGKOK AND TTB ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!" As opposed to anything sinister or actual accusations or there being duplicate accounts between the two.

You may not have been reading the thread over the last few days but if you ask LTSC I have no doubt that he would confirm I'm on the up and up and that all it has been was an in thread joke, I'd hazard that's why he put a gentle warning on thread as opposed to carding me.
    I didnt receive any response to that.

I sent a follow up message on Wednesday (4 days after first PM exchange) and havnt gotten any response, that message is below.
    Howdy, just wondering if you'd had a chance to review further / discuss with LTSC?
    So basically what it boils down to is that I was carded because T4TF took my post as accusing another user of sock puppeting / duplicate accounting which is against the forum charter and is a cardable offence.

Taken on its own, as a standalone post, then its easy to see why T4TF came to that conclusion however like many things, context is king.

It came about because recently a poster started posting in the United superthread and another poster compared them to a regular member of the forum. Now it wasnt an underhanded or barbed comparison, a real accusation or anything of the sort, it was more a "OMG, POSTER A AND POSTER B ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!". A couple of other people made the same joke after that and then I made it Saturday. Presumably someone didnt take it as a joke and reported my post which is fair enough, someone obviously took offence so for that all I can do is hold my hands up and apologise.

Lord TSC then posted an on thread warning saying that comparing posters or saying they were the same person was not to happen again which is grand, his warning below for reference.
    Lads, quick warning.

Accusing people of being re-regs and/or duplicate accounts is against the charter and the rules of the site. If you think someone is a re-reg or a second account, then please contact mods and give us some proof/reasoning. If you think it's "banter", realise not everyone sees it that way, and that what some might consider "banter" might come across as a very negative message towards newer posters.

After this, further accusations, implications or otherwise will be a yellow card.
    Its pretty clear that the warning above is taking into account the nature of mine and others posts and that they were not genuine accusations of sock puppeting / duplicate accounting. LTSC reads and posts in the United thread everyday so he would have seen the posts in the exact context they were made.

As I said though, in isolation I can see why T4TF carded me however given all of the above, I feel the card was unfair and Id like it rescinded.

Im aware its a Friday evening and ye likely have better things to be doing than reading this so there is no panic at all on reviewing. Im not banned or anything so take yer time.

Cheers.

STN.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi STN

I've had a quick look at this. There was some discussion in the Soccer Mods forum and the mod had agreed to have the card reversed. That was done this morning so it should no longer be there.

Just as a general point - in this case it may have been clear to some regulars that your comments were not serious. However someone not "in the know" may look at that sort of stuff and assume trying to ID re-regs is "fair game". Could you therefore be a little more careful and avoid posting such stuff (and in posting here I hope any casual readers may take the point also).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Beasty wrote: »
    Hi STN

I've had a quick look at this. There was some discussion in the Soccer Mods forum and the mod had agreed to have the card reversed. That was done this morning so it should no longer be there.

Just as a general point - in this case it may have been clear to some regulars that your comments were not serious. However someone not "in the know" may look at that sort of stuff and assume trying to ID re-regs is "fair game". Could you therefore be a little more careful and avoid posting such stuff (and in posting here I hope any casual readers may take the point also).

Thanks for the prompt response Beasty and thanks to T4TF.

Its a lesson learned for me and I will absolutely take your comments on board.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.