Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New install speeds way off

Options
  • 05-08-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

just got install and only getting 12mb down and 1mb up.  I'm only 100 m from exchange I was told I could expect 50mb on line.

Is there any chance that I could be restricted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dylbag

Dylbag wrote: »
    just got install and only getting 12mb down and 1mb up.  I'm only 100 m from exchange I was told I could expect 50mb on line.

I'm 100m from exchange and am the first or second house on the line...I think there could be something wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try with a wired connection to the modem and see what speed that gives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dylbag,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dylbag

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]

Thanks - I have called support they are going to do a line fault test.

Speed test was done with a wired connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks - I have called support they are going to do a line fault test.

Speed test was done with a wired connection
    No problem  Dylbag,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement