Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28 at the front, 25 at the back - any reason not to?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

No, not my girlfriend - my bike 8-).

Today I tried squeezing Conti 4000s 28s onto my supersix evo. The front fits no problem; the back just just just fits, if I position the wheel just right. But I don't believe it'll stay perfectly positioned, so it's back to 25mm at the back.

I did a test spin this evening with 28/front and 25/back, and it seemed pretty ok (no obvious difference, TBH, but I could maybe convince myself the ride was a little plusher when I had a lot of weight over the front wheel?).

Is there any reason not to go for this arrangement?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I can't think of any reason.
    For some reason Mountain bikers do it all the time, better grip at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It looks weird. Otherwise no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Thanks!
    Probably not any weirder than the leather saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Hmmm... Maybe aero reasons as front wheel have bigger impact on this than rear??
    Seriously... If you feel positive difference i dont see any reason not to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Practically, no, no reason at all, may look a bit odd for anyone paying attention and might feel a bit odd if you are super sensitive.

I see no reason why not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No reason at all not to, will look little like a drag racer which IMO is cool :)

Advertisement