Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all. Canyon cf 9 di2 or rose???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Out of these two, Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 molarspark

Seweryn wrote: »
    Out of these two, Rose.

Just to get another opinion can i ask why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You have to give us an idea of what Rose you're looking at?

At the minute you're comparing a bicycle to a flower :)

molarspark wrote: »
    Just to get another opinion can i ask why
    Why? First of all you did not specify the model, and secondly and most importantly Rose is the only bike supplier I know of (except custom made bikes) that allow you to select almost all the components. For that only reason I would go with them as this is hugely beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 molarspark

Why? First of all you did not specify the model, and secondly and most importantly Rose is the only bike supplier I know of (except custom made bikes) that allow you to select almost all the components. For that only reason I would go with them as this is hugely beneficial.

That makes sense. I would be going for the more relaxed geometry. Price seems on a par with canyon

• Advertisement

molarspark wrote: »
    That makes sense. I would be going for the more relaxed geometry. Price seems on a par with canyon
    Yeah, they are priced more less the same (similar business model), the quality is equal, and because Rose is "customisable" it wins big time.

You can save a lot by not having to trade in the bits that came with the bike that you didn't like due to many factors, i.e. the cassette ratio, the crank arm length, the saddle type, or the handlebar tape colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭squeaky crank

Ive a Rose X-lite - and love it.
    If you look at the Rose Xeon of the X-LITE CRS with Di2 they would be very similar to the Canyon CF9
    I think the Xeon would have more the relaxed gemotery than the X-Lite.
    The delivery time with Canyon was 3 months - Rose was 1 month, though Canyon might have sorted their delays by now

The advantage of the Rose over Canyon is you can spec the Rose with different components

S

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Yeah, they are priced more less the same (similar business model), the quality is equal, and because Rose is "customisable" it wins big time.

You can save a lot by not having to trade in the bits that came with the bike that you didn't like due to many factors, i.e. the cassette ratio, the crank arm length, the saddle type, or the handlebar tape colour...

I went with Rose for this reason. Great bike, but due to issues they were having took an age to arrive (3 months!). Whoever you go with, check that you can live with their delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I have a Rose and a Canyon. The Rose is the CDX 3000 with Ksyrium pro wheels. Canyon is 2011 model Aeroad. I bought the Rose with the intention of selling the Canyon, but the Canyon is so fast that I can't bear to part with it. In terms of which bike, the op only mentioned the Canyon model which looks a decent bike. Canyon make very very good and fast bikes, with great spec, no doubt. On the other hand with Rose, you can change components. This might not be much of a deal breaker when you consider that most people probably wouldn't deviate much from the standard models Rose tend to offer. Another factor which would be important to me (as I travel lot with my bike) is the fact that Canyon bikes tend to have more proprietary parts in certain areas; they use Acros headsets, mostly seem to have 1 1/4 stems and somewhat unconventional seat clamps. If you do travel with your bike and break any of these, it can be a hassle to get spares, though I suppose this is easily solved by bringing spares with you. Ultimately though, I would go with the bike that fits you best and offers the type of ride quality you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I have a Rose Xeon Team CGF 3100 and it was good to be able to swap out parts I didn't want. I was actually after a Canyon, but at the time they weren't selling to Switzerland (work address) due to a manufacterer here with the same name and copyright issues, so I opted for the Rose. I also saved 9% in the difference between German and Swiss tax - the only time I saved money in Switzerland!!

My bike is great and it actually arrived earlier than the original forecast (last December) by 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I've just gone through the same process, and eventually went for the Canyon, because of the lack of decent reviews online of the Rose x-lite team 3100, which was the 'competition' for the Canyon, while the C. SLX gets a lot of glowing reviews...tho many are from websites and magazines that carry advertising.

Also, ironically, I think there's a better chance of getting a bike in the next ten days from Canyon (by choosing an in-stock bike), than from Rose (3 weeks build time on pretty much all models). Rose did say by email that they might might get a bike to Dublin within 2 weeks...but they don't seem very responsive.

Also, TBH, I like the Canyon colour (v. blue) more than the usual black/grey/black.

Advertisement