If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for approx 40" LED TV

Options
  • 05-08-2016 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Howdy,

I'm moving in to a new place with my girlfriend so I've sold my old 42" 1080p Philips 170W energy guzzler and I'm in the market for a new TV.

Preferences for the new TV are as follows:

– Approx 40"
    – LED 
    – 1080p only (No 4K, No Curved screen etc ...)
    – Smart features not necessary so would rather not pay for them (have Apple TV)
    – Great Panel/Image Quality
    – "Good" sound built in to the TV
    – Don't care about Saorview
    – Minimum 2x HDMI Ports
    – Energy Efficient (A+ or better)
    – Good motion rate (100hz or more)
    – Not fussed about TV thickness or weight

Our budget is around €400. I don't particularly want to invest in a soundbar/sound set-up at this stage because of the clutter of it though if anyone was to cut me a deal for a TV+Soundbar with similar specs to the above for around €430 I probably wouldn't say no.

Preferred brands are Samsung, Sony, Panasonic or LG. I've heard Vizio are supposed to be good but haven't seen any of them over here in Ireland. No Bush, "Philips" etc ...

I have identified the Samsung UE40J5100 as a potential candidate as it comes with 20W onboard sound and prices around our budget also though this wasn't on Richer Sounds website – only the UE40K5500.

Interested to hear if you can come up with anything.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Howdy,

I'm moving in to a new place with my girlfriend so I've sold my old 42" 1080p Philips 170W energy guzzler and I'm in the market for a new TV.

Preferences for the new TV are as follows:

– Approx 40"
    – LED 
    – 1080p only (No 4K, No Curved screen etc ...)
    – Smart features not necessary so would rather not pay for them (have Apple TV)
    – Great Panel/Image Quality
    – "Good" sound built in to the TV
    – Don't care about Saorview
    – Minimum 2x HDMI Ports
    – Energy Efficient (A+ or better)
    – Good motion rate (100hz or more)
    – Not fussed about TV thickness or weight

Our budget is around €400. I don't particularly want to invest in a soundbar/sound set-up at this stage because of the clutter of it though if anyone was to cut me a deal for a TV+Soundbar with similar specs to the above for around €430 I probably wouldn't say no.

Preferred brands are Samsung, Sony, Panasonic or LG. I've heard Vizio are supposed to be good but haven't seen any of them over here in Ireland. No Bush, "Philips" etc ...

I have identified the Samsung UE40J5100 as a potential candidate as it comes with 20W onboard sound and prices around our budget also though this wasn't on Richer Sounds website – only the UE40K5500.

Interested to hear if you can come up with anything.
    Hi Livegood117.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the 40J5100 is an old model and has been discontinued with no more available.

Its replacement is the 40K5100 and currently priced at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40k5100/sams-ue40k5100

Not sure on vizio as a brand, we have never stocked this product so I've never seen one running to comment.

At the moment the 40K5100 seems to be the starting point in 40"-43" for ourselves.

We should be getting a new version from Hisense but no info on these yet.

For Panasonic,Sony and LG they all start at smart televisions:

LG have the 43LH604 priced at £399.00 or 529.99 Euro.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40k5100/sams-ue40k5100

Panasonic off the 40DS500 priced at £389.00 or 499.99 Euro but this one is an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202041-viera-tx40ds500b.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Livegood117

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for your response.

The £350 (Approx €410) price tag on the Samsung 40K5100 is indeed tempting and I'm about 90% sure I'd buy at that price though I appear to be having issues with the website. I signed up on the link that you provided and was able to set up an account but it does not appear to allow for ROI delivery.

I then went to the Richer Sounds IE and the same TV set was £399.00 or €539.00.

Is Richer Sounds NI/IE willing to price match the British version of the site that you have linked in £GBP?

Thanks

Hi Kenny,

The £350 (Approx €410) price tag on the Samsung 40K5100 is indeed tempting and I'm about 90% sure I'd buy at that price though I appear to be having issues with the website. I signed up on the link that you provided and was able to set up an account but it does not appear to allow for ROI delivery.

Is Richer Sounds NI/IE willing to price match the British version of the site that you have linked in £GBP?

Thanks
    Hi livegood117.

The K5100's have just been put up on the UK site and not made the .ie site as of yet. These screens have only arrived into stock on Friday just passed.Our UK site with not ship to NI or ROI, they leave that up to us here in Belfast :D

The version priced at £399 our .ie site is the Smart version the 40K5500.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202053-ue40k5500.aspx

We can get the order for the 5100 sorted over the phone. If you PM me a contact number I can give you a buzz for some details.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi livegood117.

The K5100's have just been put up on the UK site and not made the .ie site as of yet. These screens have only arrived into stock on Friday just passed.Our UK site with not ship to NI or ROI, they leave that up to us here in Belfast :D

We can get the order for the 5100 sorted over the phone. If you PM me a contact number I can give you a buzz for some details.
    Oh ok sorry I'm getting confused between all of the different versions!

So I can order the 40K5100 with 6 year guarantee at £349.99 price tag from you over the phone? If so I will send PM with contact details.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi livegood117.

Oh ok sorry I'm getting confused between all of the different versions!

So I can order the 40K5100 with 6 year guarantee at £349.99 price tag from you over the phone? If so I will send PM with contact details.
    No problem at all Livegood117.

Yeah, if you drop me your contact I will give you a call for the order.

I could get it sipped on Monday and it would arrive with you by Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Ok cool - last question before I send over contact details.

Is the 6 year warranty attached to the device or to me as a person? So for instance, if I want to sell the Tv three years down the line can I warrant to a seller that richer sounds will fulfill the other three years of the guarantee to that person providing I provide receipt and details of purchase etc...?

Is the 6 year warranty attached to the device or to me as a person? So for instance, if I want to sell the Tv three years down the line can I warrant to a seller that richer sounds will fulfill the other three years of the guarantee to that person providing I provide receipt and details of purchase etc...?
    Hi Livegood117.

Unfortunately our 6 year Guarantee is non transferable and is registered to you as our customer.
    Should you sell the screen the contract would be between you and the seller.

I hope this helps.

Hi Livegood117.

Unfortunately our 6 year Guarantee is non transferable and is registered to you as our customer.

I hope this helps.
    OK great – thanks for clearing that up.

I'll need to run this one by my girlfriend before getting in touch. Thanks for all your help. 

Hi Livegood117.

I hope this helps.
    OK great – thanks for clearing that up.

I'll need to run this one by my girlfriend before getting in touch. Thanks for all your help. 
    No problem at all.

Let me know when your ready and we can get the ball rolling.

No problem at all.

Hi Kenny,

The missus just wanted to know what the arrangements are if we order from you online and the TV is faulty - do richersounds have a contractor here in Dublin that comes out, do we have to send it up north or is it collect and return?

Cheers

• Advertisement

No problem at all.

Hi Kenny,

The missus just wanted to know what the arrangements are if we order from you online and the TV is faulty - do richersounds have a contractor here in Dublin that comes out, do we have to send it up north or is it collect and return?

Cheers
    Hi Livegood117.

If the TV is faulty straight out of the box or damaged in transit we would collected and swap straight away.

If it goes faulty inside our 6 year guarantee as its larger than 39" it is an at home warranty and an engineer would call out to collect the screen, take it off for repair and then return it to you. (They are not based in Dublin but here in the North).
    Terms of our 6 year can be read here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Hope this clears things up.

No problem at all.

Hi Kenny,

Cheers
    Hi Livegood117.

If the TV is faulty straight out of the box or damaged in transit we would collected and swap straight away.

If it goes faulty inside our 6 year guarantee as its larger than 39" it is an at home warranty and an engineer would call out to collect the screen, take it off for repair and then return it to you. (They are not based in Dublin but here in the North).
    Terms of our 6 year can be read here:

Hope this clears things up.
    Hi Kenny,

I was just looking on the Richer Sounds website again there and noticed the Hisense 40M3300 for the same price as the Samsung and it comes with 4k.

What kind of trade-offs would I be making if I went with the Hisense? How does the sound and other features compare vs the Samsung?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The 40M3300 is pretty Superb!

There is one significant issue with them though - we cant keep the damn things in stock!!!

We have just had a small delivery so we have re-opened them on the website this afternoon for 'click to buy'
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202083-40m3300.aspx

They are currently £349+ £6.99 delivery or €439.99 including delivery in Yoyo,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

There is one significant issue with them though - we cant keep the damn things in stock!!!

We have just had a small delivery so we have re-opened them on the website this afternoon for 'click to buy'

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John – I don't doubt that's the case ;)

However, I wanted to know about the differences between the panels - like, apart from being 4k, does one have a better picture quality than the other etc ...? Like what factors do you think I should consider in choosing between the two>?

Also - if I were to order today could I arrange for delivery for a set date? Moving in to a new place soon.

John Mc & Crew

However, I wanted to know about the differences between the panels - like, apart from being 4k, does one have a better picture quality than the other etc ...? Like what factors do you think I should consider in choosing between the two>?

Also - if I were to order today could I arrange for delivery for a set date? Moving in to a new place soon.
    Hey Livegood117.

While the Hisense screen are good quality they do not compare just yet to the leading manufactures like Panasonic, Samsung Etc...

The Hisense is very hard to beat because of its price for a 4K television, it also smart as well.

Either of the two screen listed you would not be disappointed but you do get more for you money with the Hisense. The Samsung may have it on the Standard and HD picture quality.

You can indeed chose when you would like delivery to take place (Excluding weekends).

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions drop me a post.

John Mc & Crew

Hey Livegood117.

While the Hisense screen are good quality they do not compare just yet to the leading manufactures like Panasonic, Samsung Etc...

The Hisense is very hard to beat because of its price for a 4K television, it also smart as well.

Either of the two screen listed you would not be disappointed but you do get more for you money with the Hisense. The Samsung may have it on the Standard and HD picture quality.

You can indeed chose when you would like delivery to take place (Excluding weekends).

Hi Mate - I order the Samsung online there.

Thank you to you and Kenny for your help on this.

I am messaging you my order number so that we can arrange for a delivery date - I sent a quick email replying to the receipt as well but i'm not sure where that'll end up.

John Mc & Crew

Hey Livegood117.

Hi Mate - I order the Samsung online there.

Thank you to you and Kenny for your help on this.

I am messaging you my order number so that we can arrange for a delivery date - I sent a quick email replying to the receipt as well but i'm not sure where that'll end up.
    Hey Livegood117.

Thank you very much for your order :D

I will have it processed ASAP for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.