Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

verified by visa registration

Options
  • 05-08-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

For teh second time of late I've been unable to conclude an online purchase because of being asked at the end of registering an account, filling in card details, etc for my Verified by Visa password, unfortunately there being no optin to pay via Paypal. I don't have a V by V password or account& it seems to be some kind of Kafka nightmare trying to find where & how to register. Around & around in circles & getting nowhere. Could someone please direct me precisely where I register for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pelevin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced difficulty using your card online.

Verified by Visa is a fraud prevention service that helps guard against unauthorised use of your Visa Debit Card online. The service is similar to Chip and PIN for the Internet. When you register, you create a Verified by Visa password that you keep secret, just like your PIN. Then, when you buy goods or services at any one of the participating retailers, you're prompted for your Verified by Visa password to authorise the transaction and confirm that the card is yours and that the purchase can go ahead. If you're being requested to enter your password rather than create one, this would indicate you have set this up previously. 

If you cannot recall the password, there is a Forgotten Password option on the Verified by Visa window. You can also contact our Verified by Visa Team for further assistance by calling 0818 365 365 or 00353 14044000 and selecting option 2 for debit card queries and option 2 again for Verified by Visa passwords. 

Thanks again for contacting us here and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Thanks Tara. Phoned up one of those numbers & issue resolved, cheers.

Advertisement