Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoofers

• 05-08-2016 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the pub with a group of friends last night one of whom was boasting about her skills with "martial arts" and ability to split others in half with a sword. This was a girl weighing no more than eight stone talking absolute tarmac. I told her that she was a spoofer and "martial arts" are a total waste of time and energy.

It got me thinking about other spoofers I've encountered. We all know the type. Lads claiming they could have "made it" in football if it weren't for an injury, people saying their friends from "northside" Dublin are really witty when they're just obnoxious blowhards, lads on the internet making out they're unreal self-made hardshaws when they wouldn't say boo to a ghost.

What about you? Have you met any spoofers in your time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Grabs popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

^ how do you know she's a spoofer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Grabs popcorn - let the games begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Knew a bloke years ago that worked in a clothes shop, saying 'Ah, Bono's in here all the time', be telling lads in the pub that himself and myself pulled some gorgeous women the previous week when we hadn't even been out and I'm sitting right beside him with a 'What the fcuk' look on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Grabs popcorn
    Grabs popcorn - let the games begin.

Loves the popcorn this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This reminds me of a little story I once heard about a pot and kettle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

^ how do you know she's a spoofer ?

Gut feeling, I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Something about popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The usual ****e....if you went to some random town in croatia and ended up on a bender for 3 days in Otočac with a jewish family that escaped from Auschwitz, this lad did it the year before for 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭yellowcandle

I was in the pub with a group of friends last night one of whom was boasting about her skills with "martial arts" and ability to split others in half with a sword. This was a girl weighing no more than eight stone talking absolute tarmac. I told her that she was a spoofer and "martial arts" are a total waste of time and energy.

It got me thinking about other spoofers I've encountered. We all know the type. Lads claiming they could have "made it" in football if it weren't for an injury, people saying their friends from "northside" Dublin are really witty when they're just obnoxious blowhards, lads on the internet making out they're unreal self-made hardshaws when they wouldn't say boo to a ghost.

I worked with a girl one time, her brother had a baby with his wife. She told us that it was her baby, and since she was so young, her brother and wife adopted her child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Quite unreal that I was watching Reeling in the Years tonight and there was a bit about Eamonn Coghlan and it got me thinking along these lines. I knew a girl said she grew up beside him and he couldn't catch her in kiss chasing. (Didn't want to more like). Also knew some lads and one should have been with/instead of Paul McGrath going to United and was a better player but for injury, also Ronnie Whelan. Same he was a better player but for his knee or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭yellowcandle

Quite unreal that I was watching Reeling in the Years tonight and there was a bit about Eamonn Coghlan and it got me thinking along these lines. I knew a girl said she grew up beside him and he couldn't catch her in kiss chasing. (Didn't want to more like). Also knew some lads and one should have been with/instead of Paul McGrath going to United and was a better player but for injury, also Ronnie Whelan. Same he was a better player but for his knee or whatever.

In fairness Coghlan wasn't a snappy sprinter, he could just stride for like 2 or 3 minutes really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... group of friends ...
    Yeah right.

Spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Reminds me of the time me, Johnny Cash and Sam Cooke were driving to the Fleadh Ceoil in Killarney. A fellow in a cowboy hat was thumbing a lift. Sam didn't want to pick him up but Johnny did. I said "go on Sam, it's pisin rain, the poor whore must be frezin". In the end Sam relented and the guy hopped in. Turns out it was Ronald Reagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People who say 'I was in the pub the other night' on t'internet.

Spoofers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I was in the pub with a group of friends

There's some real spoof right there, 100% billy bullshíttin' going on......'friends' indeed :P

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Yeah right.

Spoofer.
    People who say 'I was in the pub the other night' on t'internet.

Spoofers.
    kfallon wrote: »
    There's some real spoof right there, 100% billy bullshíttin' going on......'friends' indeed :P

Woah, guys, where's all this coming from? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

when they wouldn't say boo to a ghost.

Goose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Woah, guys, where's all this coming from? :confused::confused::confused:

It;s Friday night. You were drinking. You posted on boards. In after hours.

Pretty damning evidence, I believe.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It;s Friday night. You were drinking. You posted on boards. In after hours.

Pretty damning evidence, I believe.

Me? Tonight? Drinking? Don't be ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's sad to say but there is an awful lot of spoofers in this world.
    Ranging from the type who you can't believe a single word they say, to people who like to big themselves up here or there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

"I had trials with Lyon when I was u16."

At least name an average English club so it's semi-believable ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

I could have made it at Tranmere Rovers when I was asked to go for a trial but I was busy being a junky at the time 25 years ago

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

Noveight wrote: »

Was probably ON trial in Lyon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

My ex always had friends who got better deals on everything. I spent whole days and weeks finding the best tv for the best price and sure enough . Her culchie friend got it cheaper from some shop in ballybackward.

I source a car in the UK. Time spent flying over and driving it back 2.5 k cheaper than anywhere in Ireland and sure enough. Her friend at work got it cheapr from the dealer with 3 years free service...

Thank duck she's my ex. Ducking idiot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Most spoofers seem to like the drink, hence the shoite talk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Maybe she's well able to split others in half with a sword and only societal norms prevent her from doing so.
    Maybe it was a personalised warning to you to stop staring down her top. Pervert.

Was probably ON trial in Lyon!

Now if were talking about being on trial, i'd say I was on trial in most of europe, arrested in,,, Amsterdam, Breda, Rotterdam, Antwrep, Luxembourg, Zeebrugge, london, Douglas but to name a few

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Now if were talking about being on trial, i'd say I was on trial in most of europe, arrested in,,, Amsterdam, Breda, Rotterdam, Antwrep, Luxembourg, Zeebrugge, london, Douglas but to name a few

Douglas? That's f@cking low mate.

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote: »
    Douglas? That's f@cking low mate.

Nearly got whipped

21/25

Nearly got whipped

There's a girl called candy in Douglas that could have bypassed the legalalities. She has a cat o nine. Bona fide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I know a lad and a few years ago on paddy's day we were walking down main street in Letterkenny. The parade had just passed ahead of us and we were very thankful we didn't run into it as we only had beer on our mind, we walk across the street to the other side.
    At this point my friend pulls out his phone, rings his father and tells him : oh da you'll never guess what happened, me X & Y were walking down main street when the parade emerges behind us. We ended up marshaling it and waving to the crowd as we went along. It was really lucky that we were all wearing our county jersey." (Only one of us was wearing a county jersey).

I know a lad and a few years ago on paddy's day we were walking down main street in Letterkenny. The parade had just passed ahead of us and we were very thankful we didn't run into it as we only had beer on our mind, we walk across the street to the other side.
    At this point my friend pulls out his phone, rings his father and tells him : oh da you'll never guess what happened, me X & Y were walking down main street when the parade emerges behind us. We ended up marshaling it and waving to the crowd as we went along. It was really lucky that we were all wearing our county jersey." (Only one of us was wearing a county jersey).
    Did you just come in from the pub ?

21/25

There's a girl called candy in Douglas that could have bypassed the legalalities. She has a cat o nine. Bona fide.

No listen dear, when I was in Douglas you could still be whipped for bad behavior

21/25

No listen dear, when I was in Douglas you could still be whipped for bad behavior

Candy would whip you for a 20. :)

• Advertisement

Candy would whip you for a 20. :)
    99:)

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Fifa 17? Completed it 17 times mate.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Fifa 17? Completed it 17 times mate.
    We have a Winner

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I was in the pub with a group of friends last night one of whom was boasting about her skills with "marital arts" and ability to split others in half with a word.

FYP :)

Lie on, woo hoo!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I worked with a girl one time, her brother had a baby...

Obviously a spoofer. Brothers can't do dah.

Plus, you never worked with a girl. You never even worked.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Worked with a lad years ago who came out with the most unreal bull. No matter what you did, he'd done it bigger, better or more extreme.
    We were talking about someone getting a cut fairly close to their eye one day, and this lad comes out with a story of how he was just walking down the road one day and his eye just popped out of its socket and was hanging down his cheek. So he pushed it back in and continued on his journey with perfect vision and everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Noveight wrote: »

I worked with a lad who claimed to have played for IFK Gothenburg, mainly the reserves but also the senior team.

After years working on the factory floor, never getting a promotion despite constant sucking up to management, he was 'invited' to leave the company after missing time for his 3rd grandfather's funeral. (He had previous warnings.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Yeah. This one guy said that martial arts were a complete waste of time and energy. Spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

We all know that one absolute barry bull shītter.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

My ex always had friends who got better deals on everything. I spent whole days and weeks finding the best tv for the best price and sure enough . Her culchie friend got it cheaper from some shop in ballybackward.

I source a car in the UK. Time spent flying over and driving it back 2.5 k cheaper than anywhere in Ireland and sure enough. Her friend at work got it cheapr from the dealer with 3 years free service...

Thank duck she's my ex. Ducking idiot!

Duck that dhit man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What is this mythical place called 'Douglas' people speak of?

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Worked with a lad years ago who came out with the most unreal bull. No matter what you did, he'd done it bigger, better or more extreme.
    We were talking about someone getting a cut fairly close to their eye one day, and this lad comes out with a story of how he was just walking down the road one day and his eye just popped out of its socket and was hanging down his cheek. So he pushed it back in and continued on his journey with perfect vision and everything.

I know him.

Goes by the name Skullfúck

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    What is this mythical place called 'Douglas' people speak of?

Tis a town on an island of three legged men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Tis a town on an island of three legged men.

And tail-less cats ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement