Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariva 120 to LAN (IPTV)

• 06-08-2016 8:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

While testing some other things I dug out an old Ferguson Ariva 120 STB, and it still works!
    Since I had last used that I have built my own HTPC with PCI-e tuners and have that set up so that all devices connected to the LAN can play live TV through those tuners.
    Recently I began to feel the need for a third Satellite tuner .... two is a bit limiting when one is locked to recording something. Because I do not have another PCI-e slot in the HTPC, I seem to be faced with replacing the dual tuner Sat card with a 4 tuner card, or else adding another tuner externally to the HTPC box via USB.

That caused me to think there might be some means of using the Ariva 120 tuner output on the LAN ....... maybe with a replacement firmware incorporating a suitable IPTV server or something. Anyone got ideas or links that might prove useful? I failed to find anything; seems it might be too old for anything current. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

While searching about I find that the Edision OS Mini has this feature ...... here is a video showing it in case that might explain a bit better than I could.

I realise the Edision has a Linux OS so that probably helps greatly, but I thought there might be third party images available for the Ariva 120 which included this function.

I am still trying to find something, so if anyone can help I would be grateful, thanks.

Advertisement