Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Z reports!?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all wondering if someone could give me a bit of advice. My bag was stolen yesterday and it had all my business Z reports in it. My business (sole trader not VAT registered as sales expected to be below 75k) is only open 3 months so it's not like there is a lot gone and I still have a written log of all my z reads. I have reported my bag stolen and in the police report I stated that I had business's recipes and z reads in it. Will this suffice or will I be in hot water with revenue if I did not have the till copies from this period? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,617 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Does the information on this Revenue page help (broadly outlines obligations 're record keeping using cash registers and EPOS)?

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/cash-registers.html

If your cash register stores the daily transactional data in memory you should be able to reproduce the Z reports from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SewCiCi wrote: »
    Hi all wondering if someone could give me a bit of advice. My bag was stolen yesterday and it had all my business Z reports in it. My business (sole trader not VAT registered as sales expected to be below 75k) is only open 3 months so it's not like there is a lot gone and I still have a written log of all my z reads. I have reported my bag stolen and in the police report I stated that I had business's recipes and z reads in it. Will this suffice or will I be in hot water with revenue if I did not have the till copies from this period? TIA

A bit late for this advice, but always make copies of them, even if it is just a picture on a smart phone and emailed somewhere reasonably secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I presume they are from an electronic till - the till has memory and all reports can be accessed.

Revenue would use a combination of till reports, bank lodgements, purchase records and industry standards in any audit.

Once you are as honest as you can be there would be no issue.

Revenue also understand the workings of almost every till system on the market. In the unlikey event of a revenue audit they would use all available information and would only have an issue if there was obvious issues. In any case its best to write a small report on the theft with the crime number attached along with your best recollection of the sales for the period that covered the missing reports.

Advertisement