Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay item not sent

• 06-08-2016 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how eBay works? Everything i read says in cases if disputes they always side with the buyer.

I ordered something about a month ago. It was coming from Germany. It wasn't sent out until a week after i bought it. So its coming up to three weeks in the post.

I received a tracking number but nothing shows up on any of the postal tracking websites. At this stage, I think it should have been updated.

It wasn't until yesterday that i read the eBay sellers previous reviews and there was more people with items not being shipped out at all.

Does anyone know if providing a tracking number (that doesn't work) gets the dispute resolution team to side with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

It should not take 3 weeks from germany
    i have bought stuff from germany and usually takes a week

If you have a tracking number
    Is it a well known company like dhl fedex

Sometimes you need to be signed into your ebay account when you click on the tracking number in your my ebay items

If you still dont see any info
    Open a dispute with paypal
    Before the month ends
    is the seller using the dreaded global shipping program ?

I have found the global shipping program to be a real pain takes forever to get your items
    as the seller posts them to the global shipping program warehouse of that country
    then they send it from there to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Nope, they didn't use the global shipping programme and still no update on tracking even on the eBay website.

I tried opening a dispute but i can't until the estimated delivery date which is sometime next week. So i'll do it then.

Pity that

But an estimated delivery date of 1 month on a package from germany seems excessive

I would imagine there is not much you can do until the delivery date comes around

Have you tried messaging the seller
    just by way of proving to paypal that you tried
    do it through ebay messaging so you have a record

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Sounds Ile a Chinese seller. They post from China using a European front. Quite a lot operating under UK addresses.

Usually 4 weeks plus delivery and tracking numbers that don't work. All you can do is contact seller and then open dispute. Buyers win disputes 99% of the time.

Good point
    Forgot all about that I had seen it before Sellers pretending to be in europe
    Or you buy it from german guy who just then orders it from china and puts your address
    But don't buy much off ebay now that a lot of sellers are using the global shipping program

• Advertisement

imnorobot wrote: »
    Pity that

But an estimated delivery date of 1 month on a package from germany seems excessive

I would imagine there is not much you can do until the delivery date comes around

Have you tried messaging the seller
    just by way of proving to paypal that you tried
    do it through ebay messaging so you have a record

Good luck

Yeah, i tried messaging them last week and they didn't reply.

But i guess I'm getting worried in case their tracking number covers them.

The Raptor wrote: »
    Yeah, i tried messaging them last week and they didn't reply.

But i guess I'm getting worried in case their tracking number covers them.

Not until it is signed for. If tracking number isn't good they haven't a leg to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

I'm going through a bad phase at the moment with items nor arriving. Here's the process that has given me 100% refunds.

Wait until the day after the last day for delivery.

Email the seller telling them the item hasn't arrived and asking to confirm dispatch date.

If you get a reply saying they will resend, reply rejecting this as it's just stalling. You have a limited time to sort this issue out.

Ask for a refund. If they don't agree, open a dispute. Ebay resolution centre will review the communications and probably issue a refund immediately.

Leave bad feedback if the seller doesn't agree refund immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

Did you pay via PayPal? If so open a dispute with them to get your money back - see their website for details - it's fairly straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

What's the seller's username? I can have a look for you.

• Advertisement

simdan wrote: »
    What's the seller's username? I can have a look for you.

germanwarehouse*com

germanwarehouse*com

Doesn't look Chinese. Wrong goods. Their feedback is pretty good. Slow delivery is mentioned a lot though. All you can do is wait really until delivery date expires.

germanwarehouse*com
    Hmmm, the seller is based in Germany, so it's not coming from China.
    The issue is lots are people are not receiving their deliveries and the items are getting returned to the seller. The problem I see is what they sell doesn't get through customs and is sent back.

Definitely open a dispute on eBay, Paypal will refund you very quickly looking at the seller's recent feedback.

simdan wrote: »
    Hmmm, the seller is based in Germany, so it's not coming from China.
    The issue is lots are people are not receiving their deliveries and the items are getting returned to the seller. The problem I see is what they sell doesn't get through customs and is sent back.

Definitely open a dispute on eBay, Paypal will refund you very quickly looking at the seller's recent feedback.

If it doesn't get through customs, shouldn't there be kind of an update with the tracking number? I'm getting nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

All their neg. reviews are due to delays in shipping, they could be drop shipping or they could just be terrible at order management

If it doesn't get through customs, shouldn't there be kind of an update with the tracking number? I'm getting nothing.

It does seem strange that you are not getting updates although really depends who it was sent with. Standard post, even An Post gives updates on customs.

See what the seller says. If they don't respond to your dispute, Paypal will sort you out, so nothing to worry about except for your wasted time of course..

Falcon L wrote: »
    I'm going through a bad phase at the moment with items nor arriving. Here's the process that has given me 100% refunds.

Wait until the day after the last day for delivery.

Email the seller telling them the item hasn't arrived and asking to confirm dispatch date.

If you get a reply saying they will resend, reply rejecting this as it's just stalling. You have a limited time to sort this issue out.

Ask for a refund. If they don't agree, open a dispute. Ebay resolution centre will review the communications and probably issue a refund immediately.

Leave bad feedback if the seller doesn't agree refund immediately.

Just going to update this in case anyone is ever in the same position.

This is exactly what happened. Day 36 is today and I receive a message saying its on the way back to them and they will resend when it gets to them.

But the tracking hasn't updated in the first place. It hasn't left the country, so I don't know how they know its going back. When absolutely nothing is coming up for me.

I think by offering to resend will bring it over the 40 or 45 days that you have to open a dispute and they get your money and you get nothing.

Advertisement