Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does it cost to roof a new 2500 sq ft bungalow

Options
  • 06-08-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We want to build a 2500 sq ft bungalow in Galway and we are going to go self build. I am gathering rough estimates. How much to cost to block also. 8ft high ceilings. 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

Budget 25-30k for the block work and 35-40k for the roof. Rough estimate assuming you are not planning and dormers or complex roof design. That's a huge bungalow.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Also if you can for the sake of an few extra rows go to 8'6" or 9' with the ceiling. 8' is very low in a house that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Positive thinker

Thank you so much for your very helpful advice. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MARYGAL34

I am also self building in Galway. A 2450 sq ft dormer. My blocks including labour and materials cost just under 13k and my roof including everything all in is 27500. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

MARYGAL34 wrote: »
    I am also self building in Galway. A 2450 sq ft dormer. My blocks including labour and materials cost just under 13k and my roof including everything all in is 27500. hope this helps.

Not really comparable. 2500 bungalow v a 2500 dormer. Roof is twice the size in the bungalow. Not twice the cost as it won't have costly dormer Windows to be cut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

MARYGAL34 wrote: »

Will?
    Or have cost?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MARYGAL34

Have cost already. Both these sections now complete.

Advertisement