Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this anything to be worried about?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

Started up my laptop and the following appeared on screen. Anyone know what it is and if it is something dodgy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Is it a dell laptop ? I saw a forum post saying its a part of the backup software on dell machines. If it is malware its fairly poor effort if they are using off the shelf software that alerts you to its presence ;) either way no harm in running malwarebytes and trens micro housecall to make sure there is nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Hey there,

Started up my laptop and the following appeared on screen. Anyone know what it is and if it is something dodgy?

Thanks

It's a dell backup utility. Part of the preloaded craps they put on their machines. Nothing to worry about. Just close using the x.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

imitation wrote: »
    Is it a dell laptop ? I saw a forum post saying its a part of the backup software on dell machines. If it is malware its fairly poor effort if they are using off the shelf software that alerts you to its presence ;) either way no harm in running malwarebytes and trens micro housecall to make sure there is nothing there.

Tis indeed a dell. ran those and no issues. thanks

Advertisement