Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Excel Issues

• 06-08-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having with excel.

First out. I have Windows 10 installed unfortunately and I have Office 365.

I'm having a lot of issues with excel. It's not doing what I want it to do a lot of the time. The most annoying one is when I try to drag cells, I highlight them and try to drag but excel leaves them behind and clicks into another cell. It's difficult to explain but hopefully you get the jist.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change.

Any suggestions other than getting rid of Windows 10.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Something like this you are trying to do?

394011.gif

Be sure that your mouse pointer has changed to the four arrows before dragging and dropping. You have to grab it right on the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Thanks for the solution but I actually solved the mystery. The problem was with my mouse. It was more prominent when I used excel and thats why I thought the problem was with excel but I began to notice similar problems on applications outside excel so eventually copped that it was the mouse and not excel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Ah, mouse wasn't holding the click perhaps? Happened to me before. Drives ya nuts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

d31b0y wrote: »
    Ah, mouse wasn't holding the click perhaps? Happened to me before. Drives ya nuts :)

Ya thats exactly what was happening. Haha it drove me mad too. Mouse wasn't that old so never even thought about it being the problem for ages.

Advertisement