Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player - ad blocker - hosts file

Options
  • 06-08-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

The RTE Player tells me I've got Ad Blocker software running when I've white-listed it.
    After a bit of searching I discovered my hosts file is the problem (I use the "someonewhocares" one).
    I want to delete only the parts that affect the RTE Player, deleting the whole thing works, but not ideal.
    I deleted the "127.0.0.1 stats2.rte.ie" line, but there's something else I'm not seeing.
    Any ideas?
    P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Remove the hosts file.

Open the player with Chrome. Open developer console, see what it connects to. Remove any matching entries from host file.

Restore the hosts file.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dreinzy

Nice one.
    For anyone else who runs into this problem, the culprit was
    127.0.0.1 tpc.googlesyndication.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dreinzy wrote: »
    Nice one.

I just don't use Rte player. I'm not compromising my security for just one site. It's the mvps one I use

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭mrtom

dreinzy wrote: »
    Nice one.

What are the steps to solve this on firefox? Not clear on host files so idiot guide please!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mrtom wrote: »
    What are the steps to solve this on firefox? Not clear on host files so idiot guide please!

If your using an Adblocker look for a subscription to a "Adblock Warning Removal List". This should sort it. I use Ghostery addon and must disable it before RTE would work, as above now I can see why as this blocks trackers!

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement