If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K TV with Passive 3D for PC Gaming

Options
  • 06-08-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, this may be bit of a long shot as I realise passive 3D is becoming harder to find these days, but here goes! As the title says I'm looking for a 4K TV with passive 3D - it will be used solely as a 3D gaming monitor connected to my PC. Low input latency is important so the TV should have a gaming mode. OLED is probably out of my budget - an LED set like the LG 55UF950V would do the job, but would really prefer something smaller for the space I have available. Do you have any possible options you could throw out? Open box is also fine. Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Darwin wrote: »
    Hi, this may be bit of a long shot as I realise passive 3D is becoming harder to find these days, but here goes! As the title says I'm looking for a 4K TV with passive 3D - it will be used solely as a 3D gaming monitor connected to my PC. Low input latency is important so the TV should have a gaming mode. OLED is probably out of my budget - an LED set like the LG 55UF950V would do the job, but would really prefer something smaller for the space I have available. Do you have any possible options you could throw out? Open box is also fine. Thanks.
    Hi Darwin.

Thanks for the post.

The LF55UF950 has now finished with no more stock available to us. It's been listed up on the website as "Last Few To Clear" and are store specific unfortunately.

The Passive 3D screens may be difficult to find. 

All the NEW Panasonic's run Active, the Sony's also run Active.

There is still some stock available of the LG OLED 55EG920 coming in at £1799.00.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201625-55eg920v.aspx

The replacement for the UF950 the UH950 priced at £1599.00 (Passive) - This seems to be the only other LG screen with 3D.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202065-lg-55uh950v-soc.aspx

Samsung seem to have done away with all 3D this year in their screens.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much choice in 3D screens anymore as most manufacturers are moving away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hi Kenny, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I feared as much, unfortunately the display has to be passive for technical reasons. 
    I'll mull over my options again including those you've listed.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Darwin wrote: »
    Hi Kenny, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I feared as much, unfortunately the display has to be passive for technical reasons. 
    I'll mull over my options again including those you've listed.
    No problem at all Darwin.

Give me a shout if I can help with anything else.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.