Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

L bib

• 06-08-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just bought my first and taking it out for a spin.

Where do I get a learner bib from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

http://lmemotorcycles.com/motorcycles-accessories/1028-Hi-Vis-Vest-Accessory.html

or a DIY job on it and make your own , a regular hi-vis and staple 2 L-plates to front and back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

thanks pudzey101, i meant in person though. i was out on the bike and thought id go get one.

ill order online later. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most bike stores would have them. Bikeworld definitely have them.

Paulw wrote: »
    Most bike stores would have them. Bikeworld definitely have them.

Lol. Was in cotters when I wrote that message. Didn't see them there, but wasn't really looking too hard. Didn't think to go over to bike world.

I'll check later in the week or diy one

Actually I ordered one myself OP but the ones above in the link i posted are XL (it dont let u choose a size) . if your a small guy like myself id suggest getting your own blank hi-viz and going to dealz and get 2 L plates they're.

PS : not good advice here but i just wear a regular high viz now with no L plates . noticed with L bib on cars where tailgating, honking , been aggressive with learner drivers :)

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »
    PS : not good advice here but i just wear a regular high viz now with no L plates . noticed with L bib on cars where tailgating, honking , been aggressive with learner drivers :)

I definitely agree
    I was driven off of the road during my IBT, which I put down to the l.bib. My instructor even commented that those marking attract aggression.

I am very much anti-bib. I think poor drivers view it as a target

I definitely agree
    I was driven off of the road during my IBT, which I put down to the l.bib. My instructor even commented that those marking attract aggression.

I am very much anti-bib. I think poor drivers view it as a target

poor drivers view it as a target... EXACTLY :D IMO just wear the normal high viz and maybe stuff a bib with the L under the seat ( if able) ... I actually think an L bib would cause more accidents than a non bib wearer IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

pudzey101 wrote: »

I didn't experience that at all. I wore my L-bib all the way up to getting my full license, so 19 months. I did have a bad experience doing IBT, but in general driving, I thought more people gave me extra space than people being agressive. I guess it also depends on your riding too though.

Also, remember that not wearing the L is now a penalty points offence. 2 points plus a €60 fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Paulw wrote: »
    I didn't experience that at all. I wore my L-bib all the way up to getting my full license, so 19 months. I did have a bad experience doing IBT, but in general driving, I thought more people gave me extra space than people being agressive. I guess it also depends on your riding too though.

Also, remember that not wearing the L is now a penalty points offence. 2 points plus a €60 fine.

Agreed. I'm commuting into Dublin city centre for the last two months and I think people give me more space. I haven't ridden without it so nothing to compare to.

Advertisement