Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic basketball tv schedule?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any info particularly for the men's USA team?
    Was searching around a bit cant find it for uk/irish tv?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Anyone have any info particularly for the men's USA team?
    Was searching around a bit cant find it for uk/irish tv?

It doesn't appear to be on any sports channels or bbc might have to find it online

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I didn't an hour looking for this yesterday with no luck. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Really frustrating hearing about games being on online and nowhere to watch them.

RTE the other night had the gymnastics on and for a solid half hour absolutely nothing happened. They just recorded the gymnasts standing around. USA were playing at the exact same time..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone have any luck getting the 24 bbc channels working, last olympics could just tune them into other channels option on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

hey ya guys download the 'RTE Rio 2016' app (I did for android) there's a schedule there and you can watch the game live or on replay. Caught China vs USA (11PM IE) live and will be watching the CRO vs SPA on replay later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone have any luck getting the 24 bbc channels working, last olympics could just tune them into other channels option on sky

See frequencies below.I was able to add them to other channels on Sky.

BBC Olympics 1 10.773 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 2 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 3 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 4 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 5 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 6 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 7 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 8 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 1 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 2 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 3 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 4 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 5 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 6 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 7 HD 10.876 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 8 HD 10.876 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Really frustrating hearing about games being on online and nowhere to watch them.

RTE the other night had the gymnastics on and for a solid half hour absolutely nothing happened. They just recorded the gymnasts standing around. USA were playing at the exact same time..

USA v China was shown live and in full on RTE News Now (Sky 578) complete with Timmy McCarthy commentary :cool: boomshakalaka.

USA v China was shown live and in full on RTE News Now (Sky 578) complete with Timmy McCarthy commentary :cool: boomshakalaka.

Down-towwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwin.

Do you know if that channel is on Virgin Media?

This lack of clarity on scheduling is p*ssing me off big time. I'm too tired to stay up in the hope of seeing something and I can't record everything!

I have Virgin media and Freeview Satellite (with options on what to watch on BBC).

if anyone has any clarity on the schedules can you please post? Thanks!

Down-towwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwin.

Do you know if that channel is on Virgin Media?

Not sure.
    This lack of clarity on scheduling is p*ssing me off big time. I'm too tired to stay up in the hope of seeing something and I can't record everything!

I have Virgin media and Freeview Satellite (with options on what to watch on BBC).

if anyone has any clarity on the schedules can you please post? Thanks!

Can be streamed here: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/

Their FB page mentioned basketball as part of tonights listings but not 100% what game...have to assume it's be the US

See frequencies below.I was able to add them to other channels on Sky.

BBC Olympics 1 10.773 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 2 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 3 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 4 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 5 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 6 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 7 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 8 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 1 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 2 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 3 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 4 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 5 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 6 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 7 HD 10.876 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 8 HD 10.876 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

Ah here. That's ridiculous effort.

the red button on BBC on saorview is fairly paltry too.

Anyone know if this USA game v Venezuela is on Newsnow?

• Advertisement

Ah here. That's ridiculous effort.

the red button on BBC on saorview is fairly paltry too.

Anyone know if this USA game v Venezuela is on Newsnow?

showing USA-Spain in the womens right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

USA-Venezuela is on BBC Olympics 2.

Venezuela giving them a decent game midway into the 2nd quarter. 26-22 to the USA. Cousins has 3 fouls already :pac:

Anyone know if there's any hoops on tonight and if so, what time and channel?

For any of you that have FREESAT, there's 3 BBC Olympic Channels around the 260 channel mark - there's basketball on tonight on one of them and every night for the week.

Excellent analysis from Coach Nick as usual:

Spain lose again, 66-65 to Brazil. Huge shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Anyone know where I can stream USA V Australia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

Anyone know where I can stream USA V Australia ?

Most of the days events are over by then so it should be on one of the main channels

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

PCSharkey wrote: »
    Most of the days events are over by then so it should be on one of the main channels

By Channells do you mean tv ? I'm trying to stream on a laptop , any online channells that I can watch it on ?

It's on RTE News Now (Sky 578) and streaming on the site. http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/

Tied after the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Who's the commentator on rte commentating on the USA game? He's painful to listen to. Terribly unfunny and won't shut up.

Don't diss Timmy. He's a hero.

Don't diss Timmy. He's a hero.

Great player in his time, good coach, shockingly bad commentator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great player in his time, good coach, shockingly bad commentator!

He's a great commentator, the problem is no sport is exciting enough for him.

Just watched the full USA v Serbia and USA v Australia games back to back having recorded them earlier in the week. They have problems, ESP. offensively where they're relying on talent more than the system and defensively they seem to have massive problems with perimeter screens and subsequent switching in the same play, and with mobile bigs (both teams used their bigs very well against the yanks).

It would be a massive shock if they actually lost a game, but given how they're playing right now I'm not sure it won't happen.

They need to change something!

There's a lack of role players in the USA team. They have no true point guard and their offense is too stagnant.

I didn't see the Serbia game but Melo bailed them out big time against Australia.

Could be another 2004 job if they're not careful.

Really good double OT game there between Argetina and Brazil. Nocioni had late 30s (may have even hit 40 , couldn't tell as the commentator didn't update and no graphics) including some huge 3s (incl. the one to put the game into the first OT).

Scola and Ginobli missed some big free throws too, but then Ginobli iced it at the end hitting a pair. Great game.

France rested Tony Parker for the entire game v USA and lose by 3.

US were in control in parts then they'd lose lots of points in a hurry. Same pattern all game. Weird game.

One monster dunk in traffic from Lauvergne though worth looking for. Klay lit it up from 3 and took a few iso plays from Melo to seal the win.

They've looked very poor in the 3 full games I've watched.

One weird thing is Green is only getting a handful of minutes, not being used at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I thought they were in control the whole way despite being in 5th Gear throughout. Anytime France really got close they just locked in for a few possessions and eased out again. Now don't get me wrong, it's clearly not a perfect collection of players and they have some defensive weaknesses along with a tendency to go static iso offensively too much. But there's still far too much depth there for them to be actually beaten over four quarters imo.

I expect them to sleepwalk through the quarters and then bring it for their last two games.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I thought they were in control the whole way despite being in 5th Gear throughout. Anytime France really got close they just locked in for a few possessions and eased out again. Now don't get me wrong, it's clearly not a perfect collection of players and they have some defensive weaknesses along with a tendency to go static iso offensively too much. But there's still far too much depth there for them to be actually beaten over four quarters imo.

I expect them to sleepwalk through the quarters and then bring it for their last two games.

That's a very dangerous game to play though. The France game was weird, like you said they never really looked in huge trouble, but they've scraped through in both games by 3 against France and Serbia. Australia, though they lost by 10, gave them a much closer game. Serbia never led for example.

If I was the coaching team I wouldn't be happy.

Melo has been clutch for them in Iso play.....but again that's a very dangerous game to play. If he's not on, they're screwed.

Advertisement