Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find like-minded roommates, or other people currently looking for a place?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised to see boards doesn't have a 'Classifieds' section for people looking to advertise themselves as a potential roommate, or something similar. I have been on the Daft roommate search but there isn't much activity on there. I was also on easyroommate.com but it's pretty dead also.

I'm just feeling frustrated at this point because living alone is far too expensive in Cork, which means I have no choice but to house share. If I have to house share then I want to live with people I can share my interests with.

Is there anything like this available that I am not aware of?

I wish there was a Tinder for housemates! :pac:

Would something like this be beneficial on boards? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see boards doesn't have a 'Classifieds' section for people looking to advertise themselves as a potential roommate, or something similar. I have been on the Daft roommate search but there isn't much activity on there. I was also on easyroommate.com but it's pretty dead also.

I'm just feeling frustrated at this point because living alone is far too expensive in Cork, which means I have no choice but to house share. If I have to house share then I want to live with people I can share my interests with.

Is there anything like this available that I am not aware of?

I wish there was a Tinder for housemates! :pac:

That's pretty much it. There's also getdigs.ie but that's more of a room search.

Place your own add on daft and see if you get any interest. Or look at letting a section for rooms to rent. You can also place a private add on this forum or try the location category such as Cork city if that's where you want. Boards is a discussion forum not a classifieds. Maybe try donedeal, I haven't checked that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note:

Daft.ie is a sister site to boards.ie in the same way that adverts.ie is. And so there is no need for that feature here as it is already provided. Boards is a discussion forum, daft is a accommodation site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement