Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheerful and content? Regrets?

• 06-08-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

Anyone else feel cheerful and content with their lot? I mean, things could have gone better in my life, but on the whole, most things considered, it could have gone a lot worse.

However there are one or two things I have never done but would have liked to do.

1. Never had a picnic.

2. Never done a parachute jump.

and a few more but I can mention them later.

In the meantime, who else can look back and think, "wish I had done that."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Rubecula wrote: »
    Anyone else feel cheerful and content with their lot? I mean, things could have gone better in my life, but on the whole, most things considered, it could have gone a lot worse.

However there are one or two things I have never done but would have liked to do.

1. Never had a picnic.

Why don't you do a parachute jump then ? You're never too old. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Picnic bar or eating soggy sandwiches sitting on a blanket?

Personally, there's not one thing I regret not doing. Some things I regret doing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We actually discussed this before. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611248

Here we are a few years later. On the whole life has been........ok. Much like yourself Rube, life could have been a lot worse but it could also have been a heck of a lot better. 'Nuff said. :(

Don't do the paracute jump Rube, you'll just put your hip out. The picnic can still happen. Let's all pack up our sangwidges tomorrow and join Rube for a beano in the great outdoors! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

1. Never had a picnic.

I wish I had won €50 million in the lottery ..... so i guess I really regret I had not bought a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

:eek::eek::eek:Never had a picnic! :eek:

• Advertisement

We had quite a few picnics when I was a child, but never a birthday party. Woe is me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I wish I'd been nicer to my parents when I was young. As a parent now though, I see how patient I can be, and how the young person does work really well when it's absolutely necessary eg when I'm sick (not often!), and I hope I was like that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    We actually discussed this before. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611248

Here we are a few years later. On the whole life has been........ok. Much like yourself Rube, life could have been a lot worse but it could also have been a heck of a lot better. 'Nuff said. :(

Don't do the paracute jump Rube, you'll just put your hip out. The picnic can still happen. Let's all pack up our sangwidges tomorrow and join Rube for a beano in the great outdoors! :)

Blimey JB You have the memory of a wife errr Elephant umm A young lady with a good memory. :o That was before I was a tad unwell.
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    We had quite a few picnics when I was a child, but never a birthday party. Woe is me. :(

Never had a birthday party either to be honest but no regrets on that, as I know it would be a shambles. :cool:
    :eek::eek::eek:Never had a picnic! :eek:

No, never. it was thinking about that very subject that caused me to open this thread to be frank. I would love to have one even to this very day, but sadly it would not be too easy.

I think picnics today would be a more complicated affair than in my childhood. They would have to be 'planned', where to go, games to play, food to bring, who to invite, and that awful trend today.......the 'theme', i.e. what will we dress up as? :mad:

Good point. What would you dress as?

I would have dressed as a badger but I don't want to get culled. lol

• Advertisement

Goldilocks! Who else? :D

When he saw what had happened, daddy bear said "GRRRRRRRRRROWL" He then ran at 40 mph at the stupid girl and bit her, before having a poo.... Yes bears really do certain things in the woods. :D

I'm not too keen on THAT fairystory!

I dunno any fairy stories about fluffy bunnies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

When he saw what had happened, daddy bear said "GRRRRRRRRRROWL" He then ran at 40 mph at the stupid girl and bit her, before having a poo.... Yes bears really do certain things in the woods. :D
    Would that be Winnie the Poo??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Blimey JB You have the memory of a wife errr Elephant umm A young lady with a good memory. :o That was before I was a tad unwell.

Never had a birthday party either to be honest but no regrets on that, as I know it would be a shambles. :cool:

No, never. it was thinking about that very subject that caused me to open this thread to be frank. I would love to have one even to this very day, but sadly it would not be too easy.

I had one or two birthday parties when I was young but house was a small council house and mum really too busy for that, helping with family business. I was at quite a few for friends even someone's eighteent! I did have a 21st.; in Dublin overnight, started in The Barge and finished in someones flat in Ranelagh. I was allowed stay i.e. sleep on the floor since I was the special guest.

Advertisement