Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free resources for science teachers

Options
  • 06-08-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

Are there more CPD days for science teachers this year? The one last year was a farce. Hopefully it'll be more useful this year and along the lines of the Project Maths ones, which is the main were very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Nice idea OP. I'm sure they'd be of great use to anyone starting out.
    doc_17 wrote: »
    Are there more CPD days for science teachers this year? The one last year was a farce. Hopefully it'll be more useful this year and along the lines of the Project Maths ones, which is the main were very useful.

I think there will be one or two this year. Little point attending if it's as poor as last year though - a complete insult. I'd rather spend the time with my classes than waste it learning basic AfL101 yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Nice idea OP. I'm sure they'd be of great use to anyone starting out.

I think there will be one or two this year. Little point attending if it's as poor as last year though - a complete insult. I'd rather spend the time with my classes than waste it learning basic AfL101 yet again.

Why does everyone hate AFL?

Is it because we've heard it all before or because we think it doesn't work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Why does everyone hate AFL?

Is it because we've heard it all before or because we think it doesn't work?

I don't hate AfL. I use it every day and find it good. I don't however think it is the answer to all problems and nor do I find the gimmicky version of AfL beloved of the inspectorate and CPD providers particularly beneficial.

I'm sick to death of every course, on any and all topics, boiling down to AfL gimmicks - and unfortunately that has been my experience in recent years. A lot of course providers seem to think rehashing these gimmicks is groundbreaking and innovative - it seems to have become a safe "go to" option used to cover up for a lack of meaningful and relevant content.

Advertisement