Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of parents house - Options

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

My advise is stay living at home and saving money, I'd have loved to do the same but had no option but to houseshare due getting work too far from home to commute and couldn't afford to rent alone at the time (and it would be a waste of money). Housesharing is crap and I woundn't advise anyone to do it instead of living at home.

I think that's what the OP is planning on doing. They're not going to move out unless they have the money to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Well that should be doable. I'm half way towards that if that's the case. Thanks.

BOI told me last week it would be a 20% deposit for a 1 bed, just to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

My advice to the OP would be to save a little longer and buy at least a 2 bed. The rush to get on the property ladder has messed things up for some families now stuck in 1 and 2 bed apartments so be warned. They had all hoped to use it as a stepping stone to a "family" home it didn't work out so well

Only buy somewhere you are willing to be stuck for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement